Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 17-07-17, 09:07 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
A little AMD Ryzen fan video just for fun

Impressive work fella, bit difficult to see the frames on some of the clips though.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 17-07-17, 09:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Impressive work fella, bit difficult to see the frames on some of the clips though.
Thank you, Big screen is the way to go
Old 17-07-17, 09:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Nice. Love the song

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-07-17, 11:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Anyone noticed a worrying trend on Facebook as of late ? A torrent of people making videos with adobe after effects with spinning planets, Blackholes etc.... with lots, And I mean LOTS of people going ape s*** over it thinking it's all real.

To anyone who has an IQ over 10 you can instantly tell it's all badly done CGI but I never realised the number of utter morons was so frighteningly high before in the world until reading the comments under those videos XD
Old 18-07-17, 03:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Anyone noticed a worrying trend on Facebook as of late ? A torrent of people making videos with adobe after effects with spinning planets, Blackholes etc.... with lots, And I mean LOTS of people going ape s*** over it thinking it's all real.

To anyone who has an IQ over 10 you can instantly tell it's all badly done CGI but I never realised the number of utter morons was so frighteningly high before in the world until reading the comments under those videos XD
Because everyone has internet access now and a lot of them are idiots.

Reading comments on youtube or facebook these days causes me physical pain.
Especially any conspiracy video. Trolls are one thing I don't actually mind at least they set out to be trolls. The amount of stupid though is amazing.

Old 18-07-17, 08:29 AM
OC3D Elite

I think the final nail in the coffin for me was when some one I once called a friend thought he had won a holiday. He was convinced.. His sister had to point out it was a scam, and even then he wouldn't believe her. I deleted my account soon after.

Talking of Facebook BS.

So there is this couple in their 70s who have known me my entire life. They named their son after my dad, that is how close we have been. They have four sons, two of which have been to prison. Their kids have screwed their life up, IMO.

Any way, so the other night I was at mum's and we were chatting about where we both used to live. We got talking about my cousins, and both of them have moved from London up to Grimsby to be with their partners. So I say to mum "do you have their addresses?" and she says "yeah, they messaged me on Facebook". So I says "Give me their addys and we will look at where they live".

So she picks up her tablet and goes on Facebook. But she is drawn to her wall (ffs) and notices a post from this guy. This guy is one of this couple's boys. Any way, he posts this picture saying "goodbye" and says "Sorry it came to this". So mum starts to panic. We read through the comments and the boy's (well, man, he's 46) father posted "If you have any information please call 101" or whatever the number is. I maintain to my mum, call your friend. She says that she will call in the morning, because she doesn't want their phone tied up etc.

So yesterday she tells me what happened after speaking with her friend. Bloke (the guy) goes on Facebook and posts that. He then takes an overdose (whole pack of sleeping pills) and downs a bottle of JD. Some one on Facebook called the police, and they showed up at the couple's house. Obviously they thought he was dead, poor bastards. Police didn't know where he was so got a helicopter out and found him from his mobile signal. He was in a park.

All this because of Facebook.

Now I don't want to sound like a here, and I feel bad for the guy I really do, but I have had three friends commit suicide (and tried it myself three times) and it happens with no warning. You most certainly DO NOT go on Facebook or any other social media and say you've taken an overdose, because it's a crappy thing to do to any one you care about. You pick your moment and you do it, not telling any one.

I told you guys here about my attempt, but not until about two months after the fact. When I was in that mindset I had every intention of being dead, and wouldn't want to mess with any one...

Social media eh? nuts man. And when people ask me if I use it, or have a mobile phone number they can reach me on and I say no to both they actually look at me like I'm an alien or something (bad joke there haha).

Old 18-07-17, 11:46 AM
OC3D Elite

This is why i enjoy not using FB,twitter,Snapchat,Messenger etc etc

I don't need to see the lives of other people, much of which is false or exaggerated. Prefer to focus on better things instead of being jealous of how someone else day to day life is much more exciting than mine.

Last time I logged into facebook i think was for one of TTL mammoth giveaway competitions. And I didn't win so QQ the salty tears from me.
Old 18-07-17, 10:30 PM
OC3D Elite

FFS. So since about 4pm this afternoon I have been looking for a new CPU/board etc. I looked at a ton of workstations, but none of them were dual 8 core. I looked through tons of other crap, then about 10pm whilst I was watching TV in bed I searched for V4 Xeons (Broadwell EX). Any way so I find this CPU for £369. Wanted to check out boards to see if it would work so I got up out of bed and put my desktop on. Looked at the Cinebench score (2150) then the CB 11.5 score. Ran the bench myself, my CPU is 1/3 of the power. Now I am getting excited. Last thing I wanted to do was run this chess benchmark I found the score for, to compare to my stock 5820k.

And I got a virus.

Not just any old virus either. First it put around 30 shortcuts on my desktop. Then it started opening programs, then it kept opening my browsers. All of them.

I started to run Malwarebytes and it got to around 180 viruses found before I get this blue Windows Activation screen asking for my location and my Windows serial. Um yah, don't think so. Problem is this thing keeps opening before MBAM can finish.

So I installed Avast, and quickly as I could set it to scan on reboot. The scan failed, citing corrupted files. FORK ! Booted back into Windows with Avast running and it managed to keep the wolves at bay whilst MBAM worked its magic. over 1500 instances found in the end. Deleted them all, rebooted, Windows then starts hurling notifications that pretty much every program on Windows was corrupt. It had to reset all of my default apps and download a few bits and bobs. Cracking ! go to open Edge so I can download Chrome.. Closes straight away. It's FUBAR.

In the end I managed to use Avast's safe browser to DL chrome and I'm finally back. Lost all of my passwords, bookmarks etc.

I wouldn't even be so peeved if it was pron I was looking at, or at least something sorta naughty. But chess? FFS.

Greetings Professor Falken... How about a nice game of chess?

Why don't you f**k off !

Old 19-07-17, 01:02 AM
OC3D Elite

I think after that I'd do a clean install and get busy changing passwords
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 19-07-17, 01:12 AM
AMD Enthusiast

This is why I use an AV. People claim "just common sense" is the best defense. LOL nope. Never is.

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die