Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 23-06-17, 12:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Dying Printscreen key LED

So as of the last few days the printscreen LED has slowly been fading, I've put in an RMA.

Question is, Do I stick to the K65 or sell the replacement and go with another brand ? This is the 2nd Corsair RGB keyboard to fail on me within 6 month

EDIT

False alarm, I just tried blowing onto the switch itself and apparently a piece of fluff was dislodged and the LED is back to full brightness.

Would love to know how fluff gets inside actual switches especially as my place is clean AF, I'm talking a piece of dust lands and the vacuum comes out

Old 26-06-17, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
So as of the last few days the printscreen LED has slowly been fading, I've put in an RMA.

Question is, Do I stick to the K65 or sell the replacement and go with another brand ? This is the 2nd Corsair RGB keyboard to fail on me within 6 month

EDIT

False alarm, I just tried blowing onto the switch itself and apparently a piece of fluff was dislodged and the LED is back to full brightness.

Would love to know how fluff gets inside actual switches especially as my place is clean AF, I'm talking a piece of dust lands and the vacuum comes out
Thanks alot. This post actually helped me. I have the k65 and it has had a dodgy light on the k key for ages. it was bugging the hell out of me (for about three months) I figured the keyboard was getting on a bit. I removed all the keys in the nearby area and gave it a hoover out with the keys off and then for good measure used some compressed air and boom its working again. I clean the keyboard regularly so didnt think it was dust
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 26-06-17, 10:22 PM
OC3D Elite

lmao piece of fluff

Real world problems yo.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly