Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Platforms - Other

Old 14-06-17, 10:18 AM
OC3D Crew

Using PS/4 on a 1440p Monitor

I'm planning on buying a PS/4 some time this year due to I miss out on some awesome open world titles, like Horizons: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc... But I don't have a 1080p monitor or a TV, nor do I intend on getting one again.

I have two 1440p monitors and I know for a fact that using HDMI 1080p with these screens will make the PS/4 output look like crap, besides the speakers in my screens aren't that fantastic. So I thought of a solution, namely the Elgato HD60 Pro Capture Card...

Using an Elgato HD60 Pro Capture Card with my main PC would actually be cheaper and save space than buying a TV just to play on a PS/4 with, and also I could have the sound output in my headphones or whatever I desire at any given time. But I'm unsure of how this actually works, if anyone has some experience with this? I know that the capture card is zero latency which is perfect for this situation, but it's more of the included software if it can display a 1080p window on my desktop or if I could just use say VLC player to capture the stream.