Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 30-09-10, 12:01 PM

Sli on amd? http://www.xdevs.com/eplugins/conten...php?content.30 Problem solved. Enough of this board, NEXT!

Old 30-09-10, 03:08 PM

Hi Tom I've just got round to watching the review video on youtube you mention your issue with running the 5870 and a 480 together while i agree with you on that. I think this board will appeal to those who wish to have the benefits of nvidia cards such as physX. So for example I'm thinking of having a 5870 as the main card and then something like a 450 purely for PhysX. After watching your video though that fan is beyond irritating. And also given the price difference between this and the IV Formula I'm struggling to justify the very significant price difference.
Old 30-09-10, 03:29 PM
OC3D Elite

wraithien, as it stands, there is an unofficial hack that allows a physx card to be run with an ATI card, the patch is free, so it wouldn't make sense just to buy this board when the same effect can be enabled for free. That and there are very few instances when physx is actually worth it.

I don't see the difference in price between the formula and extreme though. With all the extras I could understand £50, but £100 is excessive really.

i9 7980XE 4.6GHz - EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X299-RVIE - 32GB 3677MHz RAM - 2 x 2080Ti EK Cu Block - Creative Titanium Pro - Tower - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 6TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 30-09-10, 03:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to AMD_PBz
I officially feel cheated and let down greatly by ASUS

It greatly leaves me questioning the worthiness of even the Formula as it has overheating problems on the north bridge. With all the hype everything has now come to a grinding halt and fallen flat on it's face.

Why on earth did they not stick with some of the early passive heatsinKS which looked far better and were dead silent to boot.

Oh The decisions!

It's better to contribute what you have than not contribute at all!

It's all about team work!

Team Redline 98860 @OC3D [email protected] Check us out!

PBzzz on 360
Old 30-09-10, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_PBz View Post

I officially feel cheated and let down greatly by ASUS

It greatly leaves me questioning the worthiness of even the Formula as it has overheating problems on the north bridge. With all the hype everything has now come to a grinding halt and fallen flat on it's face.

Why on earth did they not stick with some of the early passive heatsinKS which looked far better and were dead silent to boot.

Oh The decisions!
God i so know what you talk about,i mean come on asus..

And what the heck is the deal with lucid working better with intel, jesus...
Old 30-09-10, 09:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to AMD_PBz
Iphone App is available and free to download in the app store have had in on my phone for about a week for anyone with an iphone it's version 1.00.05

It's better to contribute what you have than not contribute at all!

It's all about team work!

Team Redline 98860 @OC3D [email protected] Check us out!

PBzzz on 360
Old 02-10-10, 05:28 PM

Does anyone know when this is going to be avaliable in the UK? Its readily avaliable in America already and though I'm probably going to go with the Crosshair iv Formula would be nice to see what the cheapest price these are going to go for.
Old 03-10-10, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Asus recently got in touch with us to discuss the heatsink's fan. Our article has been updated (along with a few other things) to reflect this.

Long story short, the fan is not a necessity. While previous ROG packages offered an optional bolt on fan, the Extreme has one prefitted on the grounds of space saving. The fan is orientated towards those who run their systems under conditions with minimal case airflow (i.e.- open test bench and/or watercooled). It is only fair that we mention the reasoning behind the fan implementation, but our personal opinions remain unchanged.
Old 05-10-10, 09:03 PM

Hey, in case anyone was wondering, asus got back to me and they do now support booting from a pci-e device. So very happy 8-)