Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers

Old 11-01-19, 07:22 AM

Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Give me your recommendations! After the Christmas break I've decided I can't do open office environments anymore.

Budget, top end ~£150.

Specs in order of priority.
Wireless.
Active noise cancellation quality.
Comfort.
Low frequency response < 30Hz.
Overall sound quality.

I've done a bit of research but headphones being quite a subjective topic and curious to hear any first hand reviews.

Old 11-01-19, 11:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Just looking now, and £150 seems to be a very awkward price. What I mean is, everything under £150 so far seems to come from brands I've never heard of, and anything from brands I have heard of is like £170 (most with poor reviews).

I think you may have to rely on Amazon reviews, take a chance on something you've never heard of and rely on their return policy if you don't like them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH7...ing+headphones

They seem ok, with decent reviews. I've also heard of Sony and know that they do make decent headphones.

If you can find the extra £29

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundL...ing+headphones

Are apparently very good.

Old 11-01-19, 11:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Strongly recommend the Bose ones above. We all had a set for Xmas from the company. Extremely good. Won't go into detail on subjective terms, but it certainly helps me focus on my work with all the loud mouths around,
Old 11-01-19, 12:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about the Bose tbh. I have some Beats Studio (non wireless) but the OE and slight hiss would not let me recommend them. My ears get very clammy.

Also, just some advice. Keep some ear buds/Q tips by your desk because wearing headphones all day will leave you very susceptible to inner ear infections (like the lining of your ears) so make sure you keep your ears nice and clean. It can be terribly painful and throw you completely off balance.

Old 11-01-19, 01:06 PM

Yeah those Bose ones are on my shortlist. I know what you mean about the price point, hence why I came to ask to see if anyone has anything personally that would fit the bill.
Old 11-01-19, 01:14 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't know much about wireless or NC cans tbh. Firstly I hear (lol) that most of them have a slight hiss (not a problem with the ground issues I have) but obviously they are wireless and that means batteries or remembering to charge. Which I am useless at.

I don't need NC any way, as my cans are so loud as I have them set up that I could drown out a nuclear strike

But yeah of those I have read about the Bose are supposed to be ace.

Old 11-01-19, 01:37 PM
The Guvnor

Ive got the bose ones.........

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-01-19, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Ive got the bose ones.........

Do you recommend?
Old 11-01-19, 03:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about the Bose tbh. I have some Beats Studio (non wireless) but the OE and slight hiss would not let me recommend them. My ears get very clammy.

Also, just some advice. Keep some ear buds/Q tips by your desk because wearing headphones all day will leave you very susceptible to inner ear infections (like the lining of your ears) so make sure you keep your ears nice and clean. It can be terribly painful and throw you completely off balance.

Last year i've had 3 seperate ear infections because of my in ear headphones, infection for a week, then month later again, and then again, since then i threw them away and been free of ear infections. Keeping headphones clean is important, but in ears are 10x more likely to cause infections as the surface of them can touch a lot of things that can be contaminated.
Old 11-01-19, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Last year i've had 3 seperate ear infections because of my in ear headphones, infection for a week, then month later again, and then again, since then i threw them away and been free of ear infections. Keeping headphones clean is important, but in ears are 10x more likely to cause infections as the surface of them can touch a lot of things that can be contaminated.

Yeah I had the same experience which is why I don't use them anymore.