Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 08-02-19, 11:48 AM

Seems to be much more fair to compare it to a 1080ti than a 2080RTX

It's with +/- 5% performance of the 1080Ti

The memory sizes are more similar than comparing to the 2080

There are no Gigarays or other fancy RTX tech in neither VII or the 1080ti.

So : Congrats on a 1080ti clone.

Old 08-02-19, 12:12 PM
Old N Gold

Quite a few reviewers have noted vastly different scores. I think drivers or something else need tweaking before we can get a precise average. At 1080p for instance, Guru3D shows the Radeon VII beating a 2080Ti in BFV.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 08-02-19, 03:23 PM
OC3D Crew

Prices are all over the place for these atm. Sapphire £650, Powercolour £700, Asrock £750 and Asus, Gigabyte and MSI £800.
Old 08-02-19, 03:28 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Prices are all over the place for these atm. Sapphire £650, Powercolour £700, Asrock £750 and Asus, Gigabyte and MSI £800.

Yeah OCUK tried putting the prices up to £850 but someone called them out and the prices were quickly lowered again, Going off OCUK as they love price gouging, I know a business is not a charity but over the top greed is unnecessary.

Old 08-02-19, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Yeah OCUK tried putting the prices up to £850 but someone called them out and the prices were quickly lowered again, Going off OCUK as they love price gouging, I know a business is not a charity but over the top greed is unnecessary.
You seen how much they're charging the for the 2080 Ti Lightning Z? The small sum of £2000.00...

On topic, this card looks real nice. Can't wait to see some AIBs!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 08-02-19, 04:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Yeah OCUK are the worst when it comes to gouging. However, they are also the best when it comes to package deals like the 56 and 64. They deffo have the most buying clout, being part of Caseking.

But yeah the gouging is pretty shameful. Gibbo does all of that, and the pricing. However, on the plus side I have also seen him do deals at people's request (like Vega 56 for £299) and so on. He will actually drop the price if you ask which is pretty cool.

Where did you get yours dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Quite a few reviewers have noted vastly different scores. I think drivers or something else need tweaking before we can get a precise average. At 1080p for instance, Guru3D shows the Radeon VII beating a 2080Ti in BFV.
I have absolutely no doubt that once the drivers are sorted out this will be an immense card for DX12. The 64 kicks total ass in DX12 already.

It will only get better too, thanks to the tank design of Vega. Give it a year and it will perform much higher up the hierarchy than it does now, and so will Vega. It's only getting better.

Old 11-02-19, 08:50 AM
OC3D Elite

OCUK really have lost their way. I blame lack of competing sites though. We need more of them.

Never have i seen such bad pricing on OCUK these days. I know the GBP is hammered because of Brexit but they can't raise prices as much as they are now.
Old 11-02-19, 09:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
OCUK really have lost their way. I blame lack of competing sites though. We need more of them.

Never have i seen such bad pricing on OCUK these days. I know the GBP is hammered because of Brexit but they can't raise prices as much as they are now.
Yeah it doesn't seem to be a case of who can undercut any one else now it's more a case of "How much can we gouge compared to our competitor".

There really should be laws against that. Manufacturers should set a price in stone. It only makes them (like, AMD and Nvidia) look bad when sometimes it isn't their fault. At least then if AMD or Nvidia over priced a GPU we could say it's their fault and they simply wouldn't sell.

Old 11-02-19, 10:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah it doesn't seem to be a case of who can undercut any one else now it's more a case of "How much can we gouge compared to our competitor".

There really should be laws against that. Manufacturers should set a price in stone. It only makes them (like, AMD and Nvidia) look bad when sometimes it isn't their fault. At least then if AMD or Nvidia over priced a GPU we could say it's their fault and they simply wouldn't sell.
Well when AMD and Nvidia quote their sales. It includes what has been sold to vendors like OCUK. So if it doesn't sell on their site, its still a sale for the red or green team.

I'm starting to think that if vendors put pressure on manufacturers about pricing they could help us bring it back in line. But many simply deploy the horrid cost plus model so we will never see such a thing happen.
Old 11-02-19, 11:00 AM
OC3D Crew

I guess during shortages the issue nowadays is more a side effect of sites like Amazon, eBay and so on, if a card has a higher market value than its MSRP but a vendor sticks to the MSRP someone will just buy them up and list them elsewhere for the markup. Manufacturers should never react to stuff like crypto surges by making more cards, as NVidia has learnt with their GTX1060 inventory issues, because it takes many many months from that decision being made to production actually increasing and in that time someone could have made an ASIC and killed GPU mining, like with Eth and such during the last crypto boom. It might seem like a way to deal with the price surges but misjudging something like that absolutely destroyed NVidia's Q4 financials & stock and can have long term harmful effects if the company can't sponge the damage.

Check out my latest piece of commissioned work: http://ehenleyshutters.com/novo-in-black/
[It's a company page not run by me, I just did the electronics & software design work]