Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 18-03-21, 11:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
I've downsized from my Lian Li PC-O11 to a Jonsbo C5 and gone back to air cooling in the form of a NH-D15S chromax.black.

All the same grunt in a compact form It's freed up a ton of desk space for home working to so win win.
What CPU do you have? A Ryzen one?...

Old 22-03-21, 02:37 PM
OC3D Elite

My other bike project is slowly chugging along as well, finally managed to free the front chainring. I refused to replace it, since it resembles a pentagram and nothing quite like it is produced today. It's a ~1934 model bike, but since it has a '54 torpedo hub, I guess it has been overhauled at some point. Regardless, the bearing race was rather toight.

So, pretty basic stuff to replace old worn-out gear:

And to be obnoxious, this chain:

I've overhauled pretty much everything but headset of the bike soon, which is proving to be quite the headache. It has somehow rusted together with the fork, simply trying to loose the nut caused it to snap. I've used liberal amounts of penetrant spray and tried to hammer the wedge(?) loose from the headset, but no success yet.
Old 22-03-21, 07:54 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
My other bike project is slowly chugging along as well, finally managed to free the front chainring. I refused to replace it, since it resembles a pentagram and nothing quite like it is produced today. It's a ~1934 model bike, but since it has a '54 torpedo hub, I guess it has been overhauled at some point. Regardless, the bearing race was rather toight.

So, pretty basic stuff to replace old worn-out gear:

And to be obnoxious, this chain:

I've overhauled pretty much everything but headset of the bike soon, which is proving to be quite the headache. It has somehow rusted together with the fork, simply trying to loose the nut caused it to snap. I've used liberal amounts of penetrant spray and tried to hammer the wedge(?) loose from the headset, but no success yet.
Nice I'm currently rebuilding my first full sus serious bike, a 98' GT LTS 3000 DS which is a painful process but for the geometry and nostagia I shall pecivere.
Old 22-03-21, 08:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Just picked up a server for my flat.

HP ML350 Gen9
2 x 2698 v4 Xeon CPU's 20 cores each for a total of 40 cores & 80 threads
256GB DDR4 128Gb for each socket (8x32Gb)
36TB of Storage (WD Helium Drives SAS 12GB/s) getting about 700Mbps throughput

Got it under my desk, extremely quiet, fans very rarely ramp up, most probably due to 2.2ghz clock speed and limited boost.

10Gb/s network card should be here in a few days.

Installed Windows 10 Pro for Workstation.

All for 900 euros ! !

Didnt really need it but couldnt resist the price

Old 22-03-21, 09:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Mine is nearly done. Redone all of the original decals, and basically got it all built. Seat post is not the one I ordered (waiting) and the plastic pedals are going.

I bought some magnesium pedals. Stripped them down earlier, then spent four hours taking out the pins. Nightmare.

They're all out but three now. They will need drilling after every other method failed, leaving nothing to try and grab.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 23-03-21, 09:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Nice I'm currently rebuilding my first full sus serious bike, a 98' GT LTS 3000 DS which is a painful process but for the geometry and nostagia I shall pecivere.
Looks legit, good luck with the build! Would love to see some pics as well. I find bike wrenching almost therapeutic.

Looking ace, Alien, of course the pins tend to also be hardened.
Old 23-03-21, 02:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah man, thought I'd get rid of some less visible rust spots in the frame (rear fork and bottom bracket have some surface rust) and ended up sanding away quite a bit more. So a new paint job is coming as well.
Old 23-03-21, 05:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Grabbed this on sale, finally my PC is truly silent
Old 25-03-21, 05:22 AM
OC3D Crew

WD_BLACK SN750 1TB Gen 3 x 4 High-Performance NVMe Internal Gaming SSD

After reading my mobo manual details i'll just lose the bottom pci-e slot which i don't use anyway never have, I already use a corsair mp510 it's done very well. The price hasn't dropped much so did some real searching online all the sites and such, and found this one for £87 which i feel is a good price it's basically as fast as the mp510 a lot of drives i see lower priced than this are almost half the speed. It's meant to be new but i have doubts about that seeming as it wont come boxed but if it works then i really don't care

The only small issue after looking in mobo box is no screw or heatsink like the top drive, the heatsink not a huge issue i feel there is a lot of airflow in the bottom of the case. Hunted in my bag of tricks box looks like there are a few screws that should fit so i'll find out when i install it, but they can be picked up cheap so nbd really

yep a lot of blurb for one little nvme drive :P

Update: Case trinkets for under the GPU, my PC is somewhat starwars themed these will do nicely

Also picked up a storm trooper
Old 27-03-21, 10:24 AM
Resident Newb

Ryzen 7 5800X, Sold my 3950X on ebay for £450, Someone actually bought it, I don't need 16 cores, Wasted on me, CPU cost me £399 so I didn't have any outlay, Better performance in games, Improved IPC and improved clocks are quite nice.