Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 19-07-18, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannedog View Post
2 x 480 rads?? What kind of case do you have? Holy moly.

I haven't looked into open loop watercooling much, do you think there are any other vrm blocks available that wouldn't require grinding down? Or any other products that could provide relief to those temps, if possible I'd like to stick to closed loop solutions.

Also what metal material did you use for relidding?
Case : anidees AI Crystal XL Tempered Glass Full Tower ATX

I'm not sure which liquid metal it was, (have both laying around), but either Thermal Grisly's or r rocketcool's. Haven't noticed any difference in the two's thermal conductivity ¯\(°¬°/¯

As far as any vrm waterblocks that won't have to be ground down you're SOL.

I don't see why a closed loop wouldn't provide adequate cooling. I only have the open loop for the vrm and the fact that the room my pc is in is always hot.

Old 20-07-18, 05:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Are you sure the vrm temps are normal ?

Youve defo got a good chip there, but I cant help but think that those vrm's are to hot or you have some voltage set to high somewhere in the bios.
Intel Core i7 8086K @ 5.00GHz Delidded @1.2v - Asus ROG Z370 Strix - G.SKill Aegis [email protected] 2x16GB - NZXT MANTA BLACK/RED - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110 Pro - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Pretty confident I wasn't putting crazy voltages in, 2/3 of my bios is actually set to auto, (auto can throw crazy numbers though), but I'm not a master at this so can't 100% be sure. Honestly haven't checked what they get to underload now on liquid, was just satisfied with stability.

Could have been some mishap in the manufacturing process of my stock sinks, or any number of things.
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Are you sure the vrm temps are normal ?

Youve defo got a good chip there, but I cant help but think that those vrm's are to hot or you have some voltage set to high somewhere in the bios.
So I whipped out the old Raytek to get my vrm temps now that the are on water.

Under load : ~ 40°C

I'm thinking there must have been a defect in my stock heatsinks because that's way to high of a jump.