Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #10741  
Old Today, 11:50 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Haha trust is something you earn

Oh yeah, you did? Which vesa stand did you purchase?
Just an extremely cheap one, but still far more useful than the ASUS one. Clamps on my desk and takes up just 8cm2 instead of half of my desk. Think i paid 500kr for it.

Reply With Quote
  #10742  
Old Today, 11:52 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,714
I had to have that desk custom made. It needed to go next to my old one, and be a strict width or the living room door wouldn't open. So it's 100cm wide and 100cm deep lol. Cost my ex a fortune.

If anything I'll be glad of the extra space by the side. The headset won't get in the way anywhere near as much.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10743  
Old Today, 01:28 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I had to have that desk custom made. It needed to go next to my old one, and be a strict width or the living room door wouldn't open. So it's 100cm wide and 100cm deep lol. Cost my ex a fortune.

If anything I'll be glad of the extra space by the side. The headset won't get in the way anywhere near as much.
You had it custom made? all that modding you do and you couldnt make your own desk?
Reply With Quote
  #10744  
Old Today, 01:34 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
You had it custom made? all that modding you do and you couldnt make your own desk?
My old days of carpentry ended when I moved into a flat. Chopping up MDF inside is a sure fire recipe to be finding dust for about ten years after.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10745  
Old Today, 01:36 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
My old days of carpentry ended when I moved into a flat. Chopping up MDF inside is a sure fire recipe to be finding dust for about ten years after.
yuck! MDF is terrible. Make a proper desk out of oak. Not only does it look far better, but it smells beautiful.

Only time I will use MDF is for speaker enclosures. Otherwise I steer clear of that stuff
Reply With Quote
  #10746  
Old Today, 01:41 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,714
Oak prices in the UK are insane tbh. Plus you need the tools to cut it, as it laughs at jigsaws etc.

This desk has done well. It's very solid and hey, I can always wrap the wood if I ever get bored of it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.