Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 15-06-18, 05:52 AM
OC3D Crew

RGB 3rd party control software????

Hey Team,

first post in a very long while. i took a step back from OC'ing for a few years but im back tinkering again..... which leads me to ask:

Is there a 3rd party software available to bring different band products into sync? Or do i have to pick one brand or the other?

For example.

I have the Corsair strafe RGB, Scimitar and MM800 RGB polaris. Which are all linked through ICUE.

but i also have ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC which is also RGB but controlled with AURA.

Hit me back guys would really appreciate it :-D

Old 15-06-18, 05:57 AM
AMD Enthusiast

No they all need there own software.

All the companies are in the marketing stage of trying to establish a product ecosystem where all there products work under one software. They do this so people buy into that ecosystem and therefore spend more money at that specific company.

I know corsair said they are open to it but as I mentioned and they even pointed out on there forum, everybody is trying to establish the brand/ecosystem so not many people are open to partnering together and if they are it's not priority and therefore the partnerships move slowly. What makes it even harder is now with the new individually addressable RGB products coming out they are designed specifically with specific software in mind which also makes it more complicated.
Old 15-06-18, 06:06 AM
OC3D Crew

Maaaaaaan that sucks.

Because no company has the full RGB sector covered.

Corsair do not make GPU's, Mobo's etc.

Asus dose not make things like Fans, Ram Etc

Not that i have or necessarily would use that much RGB but the option for a complete sync'd control should be available for those who may have those desires.

Old 15-06-18, 06:25 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Yeah i was very recently going to spend tons of money for the new corsair 280x case RGB version and additional rgb accessories but ended up not liking the price and the fact not everything would still be supported like the motherboard.

So i bought black Noctua fans instead. Immensely happy. These suckers are silent and move tons of air.

Either way in my opinion all of the software for almost anything, except MSI Afterburner, is trash/slow/clunky. I've never had any good experience with anything so probably lucked out. Even I tried CUE for my H100i and it didn't even recognize the pump. So much for new and improved.