Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > Redline Folding @ OC3D - 98860

Old 13-08-17, 10:54 AM
OC3D Elite

I need to get back into the fold... I think I need to change electricity supplier - my current one has just increased rates by 20%.

Old 13-08-17, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroo View Post
I need to get back into the fold... I think I need to change electricity supplier - my current one has just increased rates by 20%.
Holy crap, 20%! That's quite a jump. What's their rationale for increasing rates so much?

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 13-08-17, 05:27 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotcity76 View Post
Plus, mining is much more difficult than folding so it's only a matter of time before people switch. Mining can be pretty back breaking work and has all sorts of negative health effects like respiratory issues. Folding can be done indoors while seated and is much easier on the body. I'll continue to fold in the comfort of my own home rather than try mining and get injured or worse. Not to mention, mining is extremely dirty work and would ruin all my clothes!
This post man... love it.

Old 13-08-17, 10:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Holy crap, 20%! That's quite a jump. What's their rationale for increasing rates so much?
Something to do with the end user in the UK picking up the tab for the energy suppliers installing smart meters, which the government wanted in every house by 2020. They thought it would help reduce usage by the consumer so they could reach some target or other. They have now realised that smart meters don't reduce usage, so they are now saying that they will "offer" every household a smart meter by 2020. The consumer is left picking up the tab as usual...

Old 14-08-17, 02:16 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
This post man... love it.

Thought I'd have a bit of fun after reading this post https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co..._were_talking/

Apologies if I'm not allowed to post other links.
Old 14-08-17, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Hi

I need to get a better case. My twin GTX1070 setup just heats up way to fast in the H440 even with the 2x360 radiators. Case is just too restrictive. Also it heats up my room fast and its above 85 Fahrenheit most days in Southern California where I live

--Rick--