Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 01:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Thanks for the wise and sobering words peeps, Going to try and have a more positive outlook from now on

Old Today, 01:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Thanks for the wise and sobering words peeps, Going to try and have a more positive outlook from now on
And don't rule Thailand out... EVER.. never ever!

but in all seriousness. Ditch these internet relationships, unless are you able to meet the person face to face regularly also. Emotions and attitudes are hard to judge in "text" unless you have a webcam, but even then. Nothing better than going out to movies, sports game, dinner etc.
Old Today, 01:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Let's not forget about all of the guys (English men too) who have effed up their lives and killed their wife, kids and then themselves.

The person who I considered a friend who stole my spare door keys and then proceeded to burgle my house every two weeks for years (my brother accused me, said I was using the money for drugs) turned out to be my best friend. A male.

Do you know I even asked him once to keep an eye on my house whilst we were away on holiday and he burgled the place then too.

I've been raised by a woman and can attest that there are plenty of good ones out there. My mother never remarried and only ever had one boyfriend who dumped her after about two weeks (just after sex no doubt). Most of my cousins are girls, all married (and believe me they are beautiful, two used to be models) and so on.

My aunty Josie has been a rock to me. In fact, do you know the people I spend most time with now are all women. My mother, aunt Josie, aunt Pam and mum's best mate Jan. And I would rather be in their company than any one else. They don't screw me over, don't steal from me, don't get jealous etc.

My mother worked herself into a grave raising us. Two, sometimes three jobs. Up at 7am to get to the hair dresser by 8. 8-1 at the hair dresser, come home, eat, change, back out to Threshers (off license) from 3-11pm. She never complained. She also did cleaning jobs on her days off and went to an old folk's home to do their hair so that me and my brother wouldn't be ridiculed at school for wearing crap clothes and trainers etc.

Now? the poor woman can barely move. All of those years on her hands and knees scrubbing people's floors and so on have messed her up bad. Arthritis which is bad enough, but then she has osteoporosis which means she can not have hip and knee replacements. So she just has to suffer in agony.

I'm telling you Dice, you have it wrong. Really, badly wrong. I grew up with friends who only had one parent and they used to just sit around getting drunk all day in a dressing gown smoking cigs. My mate Rob's dad kicked him out when he was 15, he has had to make his own way since. Why? because he found another woman, had a baby and decided to ditch his old life and just start a new one. His mother was a POS too.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old Today, 01:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Let's not forget about all of the guys (English men too) who have effed up their lives and killed their wife, kids and then themselves.

The person who I considered a friend who stole my spare door keys and then proceeded to burgle my house every two weeks for years (my brother accused me, said I was using the money for drugs) turned out to be my best friend. A male.

Do you know I even asked him once to keep an eye on my house whilst we were away on holiday and he burgled the place then too.

I've been raised by a woman and can attest that there are plenty of good ones out there. My mother never remarried and only ever had one boyfriend who dumped her after about two weeks (just after sex no doubt). Most of my cousins are girls, all married (and believe me they are beautiful, two used to be models) and so on.

My aunty Josie has been a rock to me. In fact, do you know the people I spend most time with now are all women. My mother, aunt Josie, aunt Pam and mum's best mate Jan. And I would rather be in their company than any one else. They don't screw me over, don't steal from me, don't get jealous etc.

My mother worked herself into a grave raising us. Two, sometimes three jobs. Up at 7am to get to the hair dresser by 8. 8-1 at the hair dresser, come home, eat, change, back out to Threshers (off license) from 3-11pm. She never complained. She also did cleaning jobs on her days off and went to an old folk's home to do their hair so that me and my brother wouldn't be ridiculed at school for wearing crap clothes and trainers etc.

Now? the poor woman can barely move. All of those years on her hands and knees scrubbing people's floors and so on have messed her up bad. Arthritis which is bad enough, but then she has osteoporosis which means she can not have hip and knee replacements. So she just has to suffer in agony.

I'm telling you Dice, you have it wrong. Really, badly wrong. I grew up with friends who only had one parent and they used to just sit around getting drunk all day in a dressing gown smoking cigs. My mate Rob's dad kicked him out when he was 15, he has had to make his own way since. Why? because he found another woman, had a baby and decided to ditch his old life and just start a new one. His mother was a POS too.
I wouldn't say he got it completely wrong. I am just a firm believer of that fact that if you have a mindset on something, it can blind you from all else and that is all you will see.

Kinda like when you finally buy yourself a brand new Mercedes SLK, and all of a sudden you see them everywhere, but before buying it you never noticed. Indoctrination of the mind!
Old Today, 02:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I wouldn't say he got it completely wrong. I am just a firm believer of that fact that if you have a mindset on something, it can blind you from all else and that is all you will see.

Kinda like when you finally buy yourself a brand new Mercedes SLK, and all of a sudden you see them everywhere, but before buying it you never noticed. Indoctrination of the mind!
Do you know what I should have said from the very beginning? if women were so bad how come your mother is usually the greatest person in your life. Who loves you forever, and almost unconditionally unless you royally eff things up.

I know there are plenty of bad mothers out there but from what I've seen Dice's is a good one. So much so that he rushed to her aid when things were crappy out in Germany.

That aside some weird stuff has been happening with my rig past few days. I don't know if it's these patches or what. Two days back Fallout 4 just sort of hung. It was still moving but no input. CTRL ALT DEL no good, ended up having to force it to shut down. Last night I go to shut down, nothing. Must have clicked it five times and it just sat there. No CTRL ALT DEL again had to force it to shut down.

This morning I get up, boot it and it just sits spinning a logo at the UEFI. Wait for ages, nothing. Power it down fire it up nothing at all. No monitor activity even though it was lit up and the backlight was on. Disconnected a few things it booted OK but yeah, very odd.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come being on Intel because I really am not in the mood for all of that.

BTW very good news in my own life ! my uncle (my mother's elder brother, her baby brother died in the summer) has bought a house down here. Already two of my cousins (girls around my age) have bought houses with them. So another huge chunk of my family will be here. I am thrilled. Always loved my cousins (four girls) and always have fun when we all get together.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old Today, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I thought you were going to say "When you buy yourself a brand new Mercedes SLK, and realise you're a woman!"
Old Today, 02:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I thought you were going to say "When you buy yourself a brand new Mercedes SLK, and realise you're a woman!"
hahahaha. You cut hair very well

That was the only reason I didn't buy my ex an Audi TT. I love them, but wouldn't want to be seen in one

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die