Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 11-03-20, 07:31 AM
Resident Newb

T2 Road Warrior Broken

I went to sit on my Corsair T2 chair on Sunday the 9th of March, Upon sitting down the whole base came away, I fell backwards and for a moment I thought I nearly broke my neck as I fell backwards at an angle against the wall, There was a very painful cracking feeling, I weigh 95KG so I know I am not over the weight limit for the chair which is 135KG.

I went to the hospital as I had immense pain in my neck afterwards, Which I still have now, And found out I severely strained my neck and won't be able to fully look left, Right, Up or down for a few weeks until I heal.

Upon further inspection of the chair, Which by the way is only over a year old, It seems the metal is very brittle and low quality, Rather disappointing considering this cost £300.

I've tried to disconnect the wheel part from the stem that snapped off but it seems it is on there to stay so I'd need a new wheel base, Stem and under part that bolts onto the chair.

Pictures for reference and I also made a support ticket last Sunday which has not been answered, Ticket number is - #2001058695

Old 11-03-20, 01:28 PM
OC3D Elite

This is karma for buying awful Corsair products.

Old 12-03-20, 07:05 PM
Resident Newb

Well I got a reply from Corsair customer support, They want me to ship the chair back in its original box, Which was falling to pieces due to it being soaked right through so I had to throw it away, Even if that wasn't the case I live in a VERY small apartment and that box was HUGE, I'd have no where to store it, And the place they want me to drop it off at is a DHL depot, The nearest of which is 20 miles away from me and I have no transport of my own and a taxi would cost £60.

Oh well looks like I've lost £300, Definitely the last time I buy anything from Corsair.

EDIT

Got another reply, If I can get a box they can pick it up, While that's great, The box this thing came in was half the size of my bathroom, It was HUGE, I'm sure Corsair support must think their custom titanic boxes are easy to come by.

As there is nowhere I can get a box that huge I suggested as they said they'd send me a new chair that they send the new chair first and I use the box of the new chair to send the faulty chair back to them using the DHL pickup, I have a feeling that may be a tad too logical and easy for Corsair customer support though.

Old 12-03-20, 10:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Damn man, kidding aside that's pretty rough. No one's going to keep a gargantuan box like that laying around, especially a filthy one that's bounced halfway across the earth. You'd figure that after having their product fail, and actually HURT you, that they'd be more than willing to resolve this ASAP. That's pretty sad, but I guess we're all numbers these days, not actual humans.

Old 12-03-20, 10:58 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well I got a reply from Corsair customer support, They want me to ship the chair back in its original box, Which was falling to pieces due to it being soaked right through so I had to throw it away, Even if that wasn't the case I live in a VERY small apartment and that box was HUGE, I'd have no where to store it, And the place they want me to drop it off at is a DHL depot, The nearest of which is 20 miles away from me and I have no transport of my own and a taxi would cost £60.

Oh well looks like I've lost £300, Definitely the last time I buy anything from Corsair.

EDIT

Got another reply, If I can get a box they can pick it up, While that's great, The box this thing came in was half the size of my bathroom, It was HUGE, I'm sure Corsair support must think their custom titanic boxes are easy to come by.

As there is nowhere I can get a box that huge I suggested as they said they'd send me a new chair that they send the new chair first and I use the box of the new chair to send the faulty chair back to them using the DHL pickup, I have a feeling that may be a tad too logical and easy for Corsair customer support though.
Yeah, they should just send you a new chair or a suitable box.

At the very least, they should want to see the chair for R&D purposes. See why it failed and how to ensure that no more chairs have this fault. I'm pretty sure that Corsair doesn't build these in-house, but this kind of failure is something that they shouldn't let happen again.

That said, Customer Support people aren't R&D people, though they should see the value in this.

PM me on Discord tomorrow to remind me, and I will message Tom to see if he can contact some of the folks at Corsair.
Old 12-03-20, 11:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Damn that's awful support.

As other knows who have received one of these types of chairs in the mail, the boxes are indeed HUGE and heavy duty to support the incredible weight of the chair parts. Who the heck at Corsair is handling the return infastructre?
Old 13-03-20, 12:16 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah, they should just send you a new chair or a suitable box.

At the very least, they should want to see the chair for R&D purposes. See why it failed and how to ensure that no more chairs have this fault. I'm pretty sure that Corsair doesn't build these in-house, but this kind of failure is something that they shouldn't let happen again.

That said, Customer Support people aren't R&D people, though they should see the value in this.

PM me on Discord tomorrow to remind me, and I will message Tom to see if he can contact some of the folks at Corsair.
Well I did present them with a logical solution, As they said they would send me a new chair, Send me the new chair and then the day after I get the chair I can use the box of the new chair to send the old chair back but I haven't heard anything since, I'm being hopeful they look and say "Oh yeah that's common sense".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Damn that's awful support.

As other knows who have received one of these types of chairs in the mail, the boxes are indeed HUGE and heavy duty to support the incredible weight of the chair parts. Who the heck at Corsair is handling the return infrastructure?
They used to be REALLY good especially with Grey_beard but since he's gone it seems the place has fallen apart.

Old 13-03-20, 01:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well I did present them with a logical solution, As they said they would send me a new chair, Send me the new chair and then the day after I get the chair I can use the box of the new chair to send the old chair back but I haven't heard anything since, I'm being hopeful they look and say "Oh yeah that's common sense".

They used to be REALLY good especially with Grey_beard but since he's gone it seems the place has fallen apart.
Actually ever since those corporate muther luvas bought Corsair and put their profit ahead of their customers I've not bought nor recommended their product since nor will I.
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR
Old 13-03-20, 02:44 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Actually ever since those corporate muther luvas bought Corsair and put their profit ahead of their customers I've not bought nor recommended their product since nor will I.
Yeah since they sold out their quality has noticeably gone downhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Damn man, kidding aside that's pretty rough. No one's going to keep a gargantuan box like that laying around, especially a filthy one that's bounced halfway across the earth. You'd figure that after having their product fail, and actually HURT you, that they'd be more than willing to resolve this ASAP. That's pretty sad, but I guess we're all numbers these days, not actual humans.
Exactly, He said if I can find a box big enough he'd reimburse me but I have never seen such a huge cardboard box, I'm hopeful the person I was speaking to today sees sense in my suggestion and sends the new chair so the old one can get picked up with the new box, It's logical but then again these companies don't do logical.

Old 13-03-20, 08:27 AM
Resident Newb

UPDATE

The customer service rep said my recommendation was quite logical and he'll get back to me this afternoon with more info so here's hoping.