Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 19-02-17, 03:11 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Okay, then I see... As when you previously described "momentary" as in a power button, I understood what it meant.

Basically, it shouldn't just pop back up after you've pressed it down. But rather like a wall light switch, when you press it on either side, the light turns on and when you switch it back the opposite way, the light turns off.

Well "Latching" is basically "Låsning" in swedish. The reason you don't find it, is that the word contains a letter which the english alphabet doesn't have. Which is the letter " å ".
Yes I suppose but a typical wall light switch is a rocker type switch rather than a latching switch.

I wasn't typing it to search the listings I was using my eyes, I also looked for "spärr" (obviously I don't speak any Swedish so I don't know if that is correct)

Trying to search for things in different languages will usually present problems for people like me that can't speak multiple languages.

I've actually found a forum post in Swedish that is talking about this switch:
https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/e...lysning-p36141
and it is definitely a latching switch, but ebay will still be cheaper and have more choice.

Ryzen 5 2600X -- EVGA GTX 1070 SC -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X

Old 19-02-17, 03:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
Yes I suppose but a typical wall light switch is a rocker type switch rather than a latching switch.

I wasn't typing it to search the listings I was using my eyes, I also looked for "spärr" (obviously I don't speak any Swedish so I don't know if that is correct)

Trying to search for things in different languages will usually present problems for people like me that can't speak multiple languages.

I've actually found a forum post in Swedish that is talking about this switch:
https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/e...lysning-p36141
and it is definitely a latching switch, but ebay will still be cheaper and have more choice.
Welll... what?... Come on now, is it a different switch type on the walls as well? Well this was a bit more confusing than I first thought lol

That is correct, "spärr" is basically the same as "latching" in English. Bascially, the word "Latching" has several meanings in Swedish, that's why

I'll go and have a chat with them about this, seeing as they seem to have it in their stock so
Old 19-02-17, 04:07 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Welll... what?... Come on now, is it a different switch type on the walls as well? Well this was a bit more confusing than I first thought lol

That is correct, "spärr" is basically the same as "latching" in English. Bascially, the word "Latching" has several meanings in Swedish, that's why

I'll go and have a chat with them about this, seeing as they seem to have it in their stock so
This one you linked is a rocker type switch

it "rocks" back and forth for on and off

Old 19-02-17, 04:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
This one you linked is a rocker type switch

it "rocks" back and forth for on and off

Ahh I see... Yeah, I would have gotten it, but then realized getting a rounded shape one, will be easier to mount it on the case. Bascially just drill a propriate sized hole and install it. Rather than having to cut out a square, which will be more difficult.
Old 19-02-17, 04:23 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Ahh I see... Yeah, I would have gotten it, but then realized getting a rounded shape one, will be easier to mount it on the case. Bascially just drill a propriate sized hole and install it. Rather than having to cut out a square, which will be more difficult.
The round rocker switch you linked later on could also be used: http://elektronik-online.se/vippstro...an-svart-svart

I don't think they look as nice as latching push switches, but it's just down to personal preference