Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 28-12-19, 09:18 AM
Resident Newb

Aura 1.07.79 Not Picking Up Mobo, Strips etc...

Just installed the latest Aura 1.07.79 and the only thing it shows up is my ROG keyboard, The things that are not showing up are my Maximus XI Hero motherboard, ROG Spotlight and attached RGB header LED strip, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, Same problem each time, I've installed previous Aura versions and with those a separate problem arises, Each time the Service is apparently unavailable even though it is installed.

@Asus - Any chance you guys could take a proper look at this stuff ? Your hardware is superb but your software is horrible and considering we NEED it to actually control the lights on the hardware it's not something that should be an after thought.

EDIT

Having asked around it seems that people, Including myself, Who have updated their ME driver to 12.0.49.1534 from the Asus Maximus XI Hero motherboard page under the Firmware download section which addresses several security issues, Are all getting these Aura issues, So maybe you guys can update Aura to be compatible with that update that you pushed out a few weeks back ?

Old 28-12-19, 03:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I'm in the exact same boat as you are, it's horrible and considering it's an requirement in order to control diverse pheriperals, it's really bad.

For one annoying issue that I have, is that AURA can shut all lights down, I can even decide which lights on the motherboard and even which ports on it to turn off when the PC turns off. But the LED strip behind my desk, that is connected to the AURA Terminal, that is plugged into the motherboard, doesn't.

Really annoying when it's AURA that is actually controlling the colour of the light strip etc... And considering it's their own device etc, you should have the option of shutting down all lights if wanted to with AURA.

AURA is the poorest software that I'm personally using and know off at the moment, which is a shame...
Old 02-01-20, 09:49 PM
Resident Newb

Out of nowhere and for no reason at all it started working, I don't understand Asus software XD

Old 02-01-20, 09:57 PM
OC3D Elite

That sounds about right for Asus software lol.

Old 03-01-20, 10:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Out of nowhere and for no reason at all it started working, I don't understand Asus software XD
Windows pushed out a few recent updates albeit minor. Perhaps that is what got it working.