Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-03-19, 06:49 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Who honestly cares where the games are. Just buy it if you like it. MS has exclusive titles through its store. Nobody gives a damn about that.

Old 23-03-19, 06:59 PM
Old N Gold

Yeah, I really don't get why people are so bothered by this. I know that it's awesome having everything in one place. You can look at your game list and it's a nice feeling. And it's convenient too. I don't like buying my comics from comixology even though it's often cheaper than buying from Amazong (even though Amazon owns comixology) because I began collecting and reading digital comics using Kindle and that's where all my comics are now. If I buy from comixology, for some reason they don't come up on Kindle. Comixology says this is normal. The point is, I'd rather pay the extra 50c and buy it from Amazon because then it'll be added to my Kindle app and it'll all be neat and tidy. But if I HAD to buy a certain comic and use a certain app for it, it wouldn't bother me that much as long as the app was perfectly functional. I'm there at the end of the day to read the comic so what does it matter? You're there to play the game. A computer can have hundreds of apps and still function the same as if you had ten. If the Epic Store app is functional then it doesn't bother me. As long as the game works and the app works, that's what matters.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 23-03-19, 07:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Eggs and baskets. At least if one company folds you won't lose all your games. Glass half full and all that crap.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Who honestly cares where the games are. Just buy it if you like it. MS has exclusive titles through its store. Nobody gives a damn about that.
Sadly people are too stupid to think like this. I honestly don't understand how stubborn and naive people are now.

I guess we live in a generation where so many gamers are spoon fed their daily dose of whatever, that the moment the spoon is changed they start to cry even though what they are feeding on never changes.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM
OC3D Crew

Personally I just think it's the increased accessibility of PC gaming, while it is a great thing, it does mean many people coming to PC are coming as an upgrade in some way from console gaming particularly to play some games competitively and want higher framerates and M+K and stuff, rather than for the wider possibilities and library of the platform or whatever, and particularly younger ones (17 or under) would have grown up with generation 7 as their first home consoles and will have come to expect a closed all online unified platform as standard I guess and just want a Console+ kind of experience.

But I do see many old men calling for thee kinds of boycotts as some kind of moral calling or something too, it seems to be common for this kind of pitchforking to happen in gaming communities.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

I don't care if I have to install another launcher as I already have Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG, Battle.Net, Bethesda and now Epic, I just think going the exclusives route is a bit slimy the way Epic are doing it especially with Metro and now Outer worlds especially as both were advertised as also being available on Steam prior to the Epic announcement, Don't get me wrong I do not want Steam as a monopoly but buying 1 year rights to sell a game is slimy business.

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
OC3D Crew

Outer Worlds isn't Epic exclusive, it's still going to be on MS Store as well and Epic keys will be sold via Humble Store without any cut going to Epic.

Obviously, these several companies are still working together to try and ring fence games from Steam to remove its dominance and Valves subsequent power over all PC gaming atm, but it's not really about money directly or any single company attempting to gain influence, more a portion of the industry attempting to take influence away from one single company.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I don't care if I have to install another launcher as I already have Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG, Battle.Net, Bethesda and now Epic, I just think going the exclusives route is a bit slimy the way Epic are doing it especially with Metro and now Outer worlds especially as both were advertised as also being available on Steam prior to the Epic announcement, Don't get me wrong I do not want Steam as a monopoly but buying 1 year rights to sell a game is slimy business.
So what about MS store and it's exclusive rights for forever? Nobody gives a damn about that. Never see it mentioned. Halo is only MS Store. Nobody cares. Yet Epic is only holding it for a year for some titles. then it goes everywhere. It's literally a better option people complain about.
Old Today, 06:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

Oh lord let this be a real thing that Disney don't shut down..

If anyone manages to download the demo please can you drop box it! I've been trying for over an hour.
You can dl on from my NAS : here pw = oc3d
Intel Core i9 9900kK @ 5.00GHz @1.275v - Asus ROG Maximus Hero - Corsair 3000mhz CL16 LED 4x16GB SKHYNIX - Thermal Take View Glass - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110i - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz