Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 23-08-21, 05:57 PM
The Guvnor

ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Extreme Preview

If you've recently brought a Crosshair VIII motherboard then you've got plenty of opportunity to regret your life choices thanks to the beefy Crosshair VIII Extreme.

ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Extreme Preview

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 23-08-21, 07:58 PM

I'd been wondering why this had not appeared in the news section
Ticks a lot of boxes for me, 10GbE, 2.5GbE, 5 x M.2, Wi-Fi 6E, BLE 5.2.
Any idea on when these are being released to the wild?
Ryzen R9 5950X | RX6800 | Asus Crosshair VIII | 32GB DDR4 3733C15 | 2 x Addlink 1TB | Asus Hyper M.2 Card V2 | 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | 2 x Toshiba X300 4TB | AC D5 Next | | AC Cuplex Kryos Next Vario Vision | AC Aquaero 6LT | AC Splitty7 | 360 & 240 XSPC RX Rads | Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic | Steelseries ApexPro / Sensei 10
Old 10-09-21, 05:30 PM

I do not like short lifespan's! With literally weeks away from all new and much more advanced MB tech introductions, who really cares about old technology like this? Or making buying decisions on any major or more far reaching system changes at this point in time? Before any upgrading, I would want to see all the cards on the table including Intel, before laying out big $$$ for a new MB, which essentially forces me to building a brand new system! Looks like marketing is a little too late and trying to push old gear out of the door!
(2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C / Dell LGA 775 / i7 Extreme QX9770 3.8GHz / Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 (4x4) / EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB / H2C DELL Liquid AIO / Creative SX-Fi & Corsair SP2500 Speakers / 2x 1GB WD Velociraptor / 2x Disc BluRay CD/DVD / PSU Dell 1000W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Alien FX Lighting
Old 10-09-21, 05:47 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sunday View Post
I do not like short lifespan's! With literally weeks away from all new and much more advanced MB tech introductions, who really cares about old technology like this? Or making buying decisions on any major or more far reaching system changes at this point in time? Before any upgrading, I would want to see all the cards on the table including Intel, before laying out big $$$ for a new MB, which essentially forces me to building a brand new system! Looks like marketing is a little too late and trying to push old gear out of the door!
From what we know so far, Intels Alderlake will compete with AMD's Ryzen 5000 3D V-Cache equipped line, So it only makes sense that vendors push out more X570 boards with extra features and/or refresh current stock.

As for newer tech like DDR5, It'll take 2-3 years before we see speeds and timings reach a good middle ground, Just like how we did with DDR4, Took a few years before 3000MHz with good timings was pretty normal.

This board won't have a short lifespan as we won't be getting Zen 4 for roughly another year most likely considering all current info points to a late 2022 release.
Old 11-09-21, 03:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
From what we know so far, Intels Alderlake will compete with AMD's Ryzen 5000 3D V-Cache equipped line, So it only makes sense that vendors push out more X570 boards with extra features and/or refresh current stock.

As for newer tech like DDR5, It'll take 2-3 years before we see speeds and timings reach a good middle ground, Just like how we did with DDR4, Took a few years before 3000MHz with good timings was pretty normal.

This board won't have a short lifespan as we won't be getting Zen 4 for roughly another year most likely considering all current info points to a late 2022 release.
Also let's not forget, that "who really cares about old technology like this?" is pretty much a vast majority of users I'd say.
Most people in this forum are enthusiasts, but there are far more people that aren't.

Just look at Steam's surveys, most doesn't have the highest end components, or the latest for that matter. To those people, this would be an excellent choice.

I know several people that buys the 2nd newest generation when a new one launches, because of several reasons; It's mostly cheaper, that tech has had time to evolve and mature and jumping on the already mentioned, unlike new tech that we all are the beta users for bascially.

There are many reasons why not go for the latest in tech, but rather a bit old. I for one, have become one of those. I have lost interest in building etc and just want to enjoy my PC, hence relaibility is key in my opinion. And then getting the latest might not result in that, probably becuase of updates etc to adress issues that might arise.

I mean, in the end, there's probably several reasons why many people are still on older Intel platforms...
Old 12-09-21, 09:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest.