Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 30-05-21, 01:22 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,695
ASUS reveals four new passively cooled X570 Ryzen motherboards

ROG, TUF, and ProArt are all represented.



Read more about ASUS' new passively cooled X570 motherboards.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-05-21, 04:00 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,349
Shame it's only ATX boards, no ITX ones, which is an platform that is growing a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-05-21, 04:39 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Shame it's only ATX boards, no ITX ones, which is an platform that is growing a lot.
Honestly wouldnt like to have an ITX build with the 11th Gen. The heat produced in those small boxes would be too much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-05-21, 11:52 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Honestly wouldnt like to have an ITX build with the 11th Gen. The heat produced in those small boxes would be too much.
You'd be surprised how good itx cases are at removing heat. The quality ones at least.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-05-21, 11:56 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Honestly wouldnt like to have an ITX build with the 11th Gen. The heat produced in those small boxes would be too much.
Isn't the X570 chipset for Ryzen CPUs though? Not sure where you got 11th Gen from? ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31-05-21, 05:49 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Isn't the X570 chipset for Ryzen CPUs though? Not sure where you got 11th Gen from? ...
Yes, you are right, I meant Ryzen, but for some reason Intel popped into my head too.
I was basically commenting on small cases with low rad space.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31-05-21, 06:51 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Yes, you are right, I meant Ryzen, but for some reason Intel popped into my head too.
I was basically commenting on small cases with low rad space.
I disagree, I’ve personally built in small cases such as the Dan A4 SFX, which is amongst the smallest out there and haven’t had any issues. Youtuber OptimumTech does SFF builds in many small cases and haven’t had issues either
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31-05-21, 07:23 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
I disagree, I’ve personally built in small cases such as the Dan A4 SFX, which is amongst the smallest out there and haven’t had any issues. Youtuber OptimumTech does SFF builds in many small cases and haven’t had issues either
Of course you won't have issues. Otherwise cases would need a mass recall. I havent had an ITX but for me, I prefer having a case where case temperature inside are close to ambient temps as possible. Not a hot box that could warm my feet if I wanted.

I had the Air540 once upon a time. And even watercooled, it still seemed way too warm for my liking.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-05-21, 07:33 AM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Shame it's only ATX boards, no ITX ones, which is an platform that is growing a lot.
Running my Asrock X570 ITX/TB3 chipset passively since 2019 (disconnected the fan).
Also running the VRM's passively.
Started with 3950x and now on a 5950x.

Just a marketing gimmick which OC3D should mention in the thread title, don't be taken in by it !!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.