Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 22-06-18, 06:21 PM

4K Gaming???

Would it take a Sli 1080Ti to run this or is even that wishfull thinking?

ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ 27" 144Hz 4k UHD HDR G-Sync Gaming Monitor

But I guess if you could afford this then a Sli setup is not big deal!!!

Cheers...

Corsair Carbide Air 540 | AUSU Maximus VI Formula MB | i7 4770K | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133 @ 9-11-11-31 | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB Sli | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB x 2 | Samsung 840 EVO 750GB | ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Sound Card | Corsair AX1200i Power Supply | Win 8.1
Old 22-06-18, 07:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Depends which games you run but honestly having had 4K monitors for quite a few years 27" is way too small, The Asus monitors are really just a statement from Acer and Asus "Look what we can do" I'd wait until you can get a 32" 4K high refresh rate monitor.
Old 22-06-18, 07:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Easily done on a single XP. Unless of course you are a helmet and want to play at 144 FPS.

Games are completely stagnant ATM. DX12 brought nothing visually different to the table, just lots of broken empty promises. You don't need more than a 1080Ti for anything any more, unless you want to get all obsessed over 144 FPS.

I have my XP running 4k in most everything, with a 70hz monitor, and it's more than enough to give a very pleasurable experience, if that kind of thing makes you happy.

Old 23-06-18, 03:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Easily done on a single XP. Unless of course you are a helmet and want to play at 144 FPS.

Games are completely stagnant ATM. DX12 brought nothing visually different to the table, just lots of broken empty promises. You don't need more than a 1080Ti for anything any more, unless you want to get all obsessed over 144 FPS.

I have my XP running 4k in most everything, with a 70hz monitor, and it's more than enough to give a very pleasurable experience, if that kind of thing makes you happy.
Yeah things are pretty stagnant in terms of graphics and the horsepower needed to run them. I'm running a nearly 5 year old card and it's still handling everything at 1080, most with settings maxed.

Kinda bolsters my theory why the push to 4K....nothing really looks any better but it's a reason to buy a new monitor and GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Depends which games you run but honestly having had 4K monitors for quite a few years 27" is way too small, The Asus monitors are really just a statement from Acer and Asus "Look what we can do" I'd wait until you can get a 32" 4K high refresh rate monitor.
Agreed. I think the 4K fad is a little over hyped lately. I know why they're doing it like I said above but it ain't worth it at least not on small screens. 40" and above I get it. 27" and even 32", you're gonna be real hard pressed to see the difference over 1440 unless comparing exact same images on monitors sitting side by side.