Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 13-11-17, 01:41 PM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher . View Post
It says on the product info that it is not compatible with aluminium radiators, does this rule out EK rads?
Well if the radiator is made of aluminium, well then obviously yes! But for EK's copper/brass radiators should be safe to use

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 13-11-17, 01:46 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Well if the radiator is made of aluminium, well then obviously yes! But for EK's copper/brass radiators should be safe to use
EK has a budget orientated aluminum series too i think. So those are definately out the window on options.

the XE/PS/PE ones are copper. Their A120,A240 and A240G are aluminium rads.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 13-11-17, 05:08 PM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
EK has a budget orientated aluminum series too i think. So those are definately out the window on options.

the XE/PS/PE ones are copper. Their A120,A240 and A240G are aluminium rads.
Yeah I'm just not sure which part of "do not use with aluminium parts" people don't understand
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-11-17, 08:28 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Yeah I'm just not sure which part of "do not use with aluminium parts" people don't understand
I would think its an easy mistake to make for first timers. So concerned about not using aluminium water blocks that they forget to check the rad too. After all 99% of rads are sprayed black or white.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-11-17, 08:58 AM
Surfie's Avatar
Surfie Surfie is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 494
According to Jay, it is meant to look like showcase but be runnable 24x7...
__________________
What we've got here is; failure to communicate...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-11-17, 10:40 AM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I would think its an easy mistake to make for first timers. So concerned about not using aluminium water blocks that they forget to check the rad too. After all 99% of rads are sprayed black or white.
Nope!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14-11-17, 11:57 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 8,681
I might play with this so long as it checks out. Obviously I will wait a few months to see if any one says it clogged their pump or caused issues or turned poo brown etc.

But yeah does look fun. Would look good in my 08 Area 51
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-11-17, 01:25 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I might play with this so long as it checks out. Obviously I will wait a few months to see if any one says it clogged their pump or caused issues or turned poo brown etc.

But yeah does look fun. Would look good in my 08 Area 51
I do love the looks, but I dont trust anything that has so many pigments undisolved in the system. If mayhems advise not to use theirs in the long run, I would think any solution (liquid) used in a loop would go the same way leaving deposits everywhere.

After all, even your basic pastel/coolant deteriorates over time. So with that in mind, what would happen with this one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.