Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section

Old 24-08-14, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

list of win 8 games work with controller?

Does any one have a list of windows 8/1 games from there app store that work with a xbox controller?
Been looking on google for a few days but nothing yet..I know a few racing games works and modern combat and the new halo game

Old 24-08-14, 03:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_the_scot View Post
Does any one have a list of windows 8/1 games from there app store that work with a xbox controller?
Been looking on google for a few days but nothing yet..I know a few racing games works and modern combat and the new halo game
Most current games do actually work with a controller.

On the steam product page games to say if they have controller support or not so it may be worth looking there.

To be honest, racing games are about all you can play well on PC with a controller - at least in multiplayer. Any FPS and the reactions and accuracy tends to be far worse on controllers and you just don't stand much of a chance against someone on mouse and keyboard. MMO speak for themselves really.

I used to play campaigns of games with controller if I could as it was just more comfortable, but anything online and being on a controller just tends to be such as disadvantage.
Old 24-08-14, 03:49 PM
OC3D Elite

i think all rockstar and games for windows games work with a controller (usually need a 360 controller though) but you can use xbcd to make any controller show up as a 360 controller. you just have to move the dll files it crated to the same location as the game exe.
I play a lot of games with a controller.
batman seriese
gta seriese
resident evil.
stick of truth
racing games i use my Logitech wheel.

but fps have to be kb and mouse. you would just get owned otherwise. also rts games are just going to be worse with a gamepad. and i could never play TES games with a game pad.
As a general rule of thumb. if its on a xbox then it has gamepad support.

i think there are way to many games available to try and list them all.
and for the ones that dont have game pad support Im sure there is an app out there that will let you map key presses to a gamepad function.
Old 24-08-14, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles1980 View Post
i think all rockstar and games for windows games work with a controller (usually need a 360 controller though) but you can use xbcd to make any controller show up as a 360 controller. you just have to move the dll files it crated to the same location as the game exe.
I play a lot of games with a controller.
batman seriese
gta seriese
resident evil.
stick of truth
racing games i use my Logitech wheel.

but fps have to be kb and mouse. you would just get owned otherwise. also rts games are just going to be worse with a gamepad. and i could never play TES games with a game pad.
As a general rule of thumb. if its on a xbox then it has gamepad support.

i think there are way to many games available to try and list them all.
and for the ones that dont have game pad support Im sure there is an app out there that will let you map key presses to a gamepad function.
Slight mix up I mean the mobile games that you can get from the windows 8 metro market. sorry you should have been more clear
Old 24-08-14, 05:21 PM
OC3D Elite

If you just search for controller and sort by games and relevance you'll find that most games that show up there, support a controller. If you view a game, look in the bottom left corner, there is a feature list, most games say Support for X360 Controller.