Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-11, 07:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Thumbs down

Lately I have come across a number of threads with large images sizes which isn't fair on people with slow connections, so from now on we are not going to approve gallery's with large images.

Here are a few ways you can resize your images:

Forum Picture Buddy 2011 - A nifty program made by forum member dugdiamond that can allow you to resize your images with ease.

Sqi.sh - You can upload then resize the images with ease.

Image Resizer for Windows - Image Resizer for Windows is a utility that lets you resize one or more selected image files directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking. It was created so that modern Windows users could regain the joy they left behind with Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP.

Of course there are sites like Imageshack,Tinypic, Photobucket and IMGUR that will host and resize images for you.

You could also use image editing software like Photoshop, GIMP, even paint can resize (although the jpeg quality is pretty terrible).

With resized images, the thread will load faster and it would help people with slower connections, and even smaller screens.

Cheers,

Brooksie

TTL Edit - I use this and its free - http://www.wiredprai...o_shrinker.html

Old 27-08-11, 07:26 PM
OC3D Crew

thank you

Old 05-02-12, 07:13 PM

hi there just started a new project log and it says i have a maximum of 500K of picture upload allowance, Does that mean I have to wait for a perioud of time before i can put the remainder of my pics up even thouth all my pics have been resized? currently using 495K and still have about 5 pics to put up.
Old 05-02-12, 07:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Oo OOPS i think i have been one of those nerds as well ,

while i am always very strict with these things , MY BAD i'll pay attention to it mate

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
Old 05-02-12, 08:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishBilly View Post

hi there just started a new project log and it says i have a maximum of 500K of picture upload allowance, Does that mean I have to wait for a perioud of time before i can put the remainder of my pics up even thouth all my pics have been resized? currently using 495K and still have about 5 pics to put up.
Instead of uploading the images directly to the forum, you can use a image uploading website, such as imageshack.us or tinypic.com
Old 05-02-12, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksie View Post

Instead of uploading the images directly to the forum, you can use a image uploading website, such as imageshack.us or tinypic.com
Cheers just used squish as some guy said that's a good one to use so got the rest of my pics on that way.

thanks
Old 06-02-12, 02:42 AM

um I was going to upload some pics of my rig

but I have about 20 pics and 500k just doesnt cut it

is there any way around this or am I missing something simple.
Old 06-02-12, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surefire View Post

um I was going to upload some pics of my rig

but I have about 20 pics and 500k just doesnt cut it

is there any way around this or am I missing something simple.
read this thread ^^ don't know why I linked to another one lol.

Basically use the image hosts above and paste the links.
Old 16-02-12, 12:40 AM

while i am always very strict with these things , MY BAD i'll pay attention to it mate
Old 18-06-12, 09:53 AM
OC3D Crew

I just wanted to upload some pictures of my rig but every time I try to upload the pics I get this error The server returned an error during upload . I have resized the pictures so that they are about 300k, even if I try to upload a single file it won't work. I can't change my profile pic either, anyone got an idea why?