Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-14, 07:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
I'd really appreciate it if he'd answer for once. He'd finally be someone i could argue with without having to fear to step on someone's toes.
Since when do you fear stepping on peoples toes?

Old 07-08-14, 07:00 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
I'd really appreciate it if he'd answer for once. He'd finally be someone i could argue with without having to fear to step on someone's toes.
He's a UKIP supporter dude, They don't like facts and truth.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 07-08-14, 07:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Since when do you fear stepping on peoples toes?
I don't, but the mods do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
He's a UKIP supporter dude, They don't like facts and truth.
Those are usually the ones who reply regardless. It's fun to argue with them, they get more and more defensive with each post, then they start attacking you instead of arguing and when that doesn't work either they post a final brain fart post and leave forever.
Old 07-08-14, 07:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Little bit of misinformation there bud, Who has the most gas, Oil and mines in the UK ? Scotland.

If Scotland left the UK which I hope they do as they are a different country then they would still be very well off as all the money would stay within Scotland instead of going to English companies.

I've been to Scotland and have a lot of Scottish friends and they are some of the best money managers around, when they leave the UK they will be very well off not just because of their management etc... but because of their oil, Gas and mines, Not forgetting to mention a lot of Scotts aren't that keen on the English.

I don't want to get too historical with this but was there a vote for the people when the English took Scotland ? nope they simply planted a flag and killed anyone opposed to the butchers apron i.e Union Jack.

Anyway getting off topic.

UKIP/Racists aren't welcome here.
On an island the size of Great Britain, Oil and Gas really aren't large enough attractions for long term investment.

The point with Scotland is that they have very little in terms of financial markets, and of course if they leave they won't have a currency. They won't be allowed to keep the pound, and they won't be allowed into the Euro (or the EU), and so it will be far too risky an investment for foreign investors.

Of course the North Sea Oil do make things a little better for Scotland, but a single industry of fairly limited resources on a global scale when compared to Russia and the Arab States don't make things very good.

Also for many years they'd have a low purchasing power parity meaning all imported products (including daily essentials such as food) will be more expensive so the Scottish people will be worse off.

Scotland would pretty much have to build up their economy from scratch, and for the start it certainly wouldn't be easy for them.
Old 07-08-14, 07:41 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
On an island the size of Great Britain, Oil and Gas really aren't large enough attractions for long term investment.

The point with Scotland is that they have very little in terms of financial markets, and of course if they leave they won't have a currency. They won't be allowed to keep the pound, and they won't be allowed into the Euro (or the EU), and so it will be far too risky an investment for foreign investors.

Of course the North Sea Oil do make things a little better for Scotland, but a single industry of fairly limited resources on a global scale when compared to Russia and the Arab States don't make things very good.

Also for many years they'd have a low purchasing power parity meaning all imported products (including daily essentials such as food) will be more expensive so the Scottish people will be worse off.

Scotland would pretty much have to build up their economy from scratch, and for the start it certainly wouldn't be easy for them.
They will pull through, They shouldn't of been invaded or the new favorite word "Invited to the union" in the first place.
Old 07-08-14, 08:08 PM
News Guru

Quote:
They will pull through, They shouldn't of been invaded or the new favorite word "Invited to the union" in the first place.
If I recall my history correctly, England and Scotland were ruled by the same monarch when a certain Scottish King inherited the English Throne, King James VI believe?

The Act of Union in 1707 was simply a formality to Unite the nations armies, parliaments crowns and take away the need to sign declarations of war from all participating kingdoms.

Scotland wasn't annexed by England mate.
Old 07-08-14, 08:13 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
If I recall my history correctly, England and Scotland were ruled by the same monarch when a certain Scottish King inherited the English Throne, King James VI believe?

The Act of Union in 1707 was simply a formality to Unite the nations armies, parliaments crowns and take away the need to sign declarations of war from all participating kingdoms.

Scotland wasn't annexed by England mate.
The point is the people were not asked, No vote was given, It was the uppers that made the choices and a lot of Scotts do not like the English/UK and want out, They should be their own country again.
The UK is a pit and if anyone has any sense the should get out while they can.
Old 07-08-14, 08:21 PM
News Guru

Quote:
The point is the people were not asked, No vote was given, It was the uppers that made the choices and a lot of Scotts do not like the English and want out, they should be their own country again.
Mate the people were asked, the act of union was agreed upon by both English and Scottish elected Parliaments. They were mightier together than apart back then and that might eventually created the British Empire.

The Scottish have their chance to vote now, decide their own future. I support them whatever the outcome, but I'd miss them being part of the UK if they became independent.

Personally though I find Salmond insufferable, he just doesn't seem to have a plan, if he quit avoiding the hard questions I might believe the things he says. That being said, I'm not a Scot and therefore don't need to be convinced by him.

What Grinds my gears is the fact that the many Scots living in other parts of the UK, including most of those serving overseas in the armed services cannot vote on their Home's future.
Old 07-08-14, 08:27 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Mate the people were asked, the act of union was agreed upon by both English and Scottish elected Parliaments. They were mightier together than apart back then and that might eventually created the British Empire.

The Scottish have their chance to vote now, decide their own future. I support them whatever the outcome, but I'd miss them being part of the UK if they became independent.

Personally though I find Salmond insufferable, he just doesn't seem to have a plan, if he quit avoiding the hard questions I might believe the things he says. That being said, I'm not a Scot and therefore don't need to be convinced by him.
Every country should have independence and not be ruled by another, I just can't stand English governments, They are all out for the top 10% weather it's tory, lab, lib dem etc... all of them are eaton school boy hand shakers who have no idea of what a working life is like, they get paid by the tax payer to talk and everything that comes out of their mouths is bull.

Anyway getting off topic again
Old 07-08-14, 08:38 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Every country should have independence and not be ruled by another, I just can't stand English governments, They are all out for the top 10% weather it's tory, lab, lib dem etc... all of them are eaton school boy hand shakers who have no idea of what a working life is like, they get paid by the tax payer to talk and everything that comes out of their mouths is bull.

Anyway getting off topic again
Same can be said about the EU's policies, a lot of their laws overrule a nations sovereignty too, forcing adoption of many things without a referendum/vote.

I'm Pro EU, it would be difficult to get by without it. I think Scotland can do more with enhanced/ devolved powers than independence. Independence is a shot in the dark for them, with no guarantied outcomes, better or worse.

If you think the Mainland's politicians are crap, you should look at NI, a forced Government of Sides who literally exist to disagree with each other, the most inefficient system ever to be called a Government.