Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 30-07-14, 02:36 PM

Twitter?

Why no overclock3d twitter account? In this wonderful age of social media why not take full advantage of all the popular ones. With a lot of people shifting over to twitter from facebook or at least spending equal time on both (at least on this side of the pond), would it not make practical business sense. I'm really not up on the business advantages that social media fully offers, but just a thought. sorry if this has been brought up already, I looked for a bit a didn't see it anywhere, if it has been discussed, feel free to delete this.

Bitfenix Ghost - Asus Z87-Pro- [email protected] - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus GTX 770 OC DCII - Seasonic 860Platinum - Samsung 840Pro 256GB SSD - Samsung EVO 120GB SSD - WD Black 2TB HDD
Old 30-07-14, 02:38 PM
OC3D Elite

https://twitter.com/OC3D
Old 30-07-14, 02:48 PM
News Guru

As said above OC3D does have a twitter mate, but I do agree that we don't take full advantage of it. Tom only really mentions the OC3D and TTL FB pages, but that is because that is where the bulk of his following is.

With how old the site its Twitter integration into our articles and Reviews are a difficult job to say the least.
Old 30-07-14, 02:56 PM

I guess I should wait until the coffee fully circulates before I search for things. Never even thought to search OC3D. I can't imagine how much time is required to try and keep all these sites up to date.
Bitfenix Ghost - Asus Z87-Pro- [email protected] - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus GTX 770 OC DCII - Seasonic 860Platinum - Samsung 840Pro 256GB SSD - Samsung EVO 120GB SSD - WD Black 2TB HDD
Old 30-07-14, 03:20 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalaz View Post
I guess I should wait until the coffee fully circulates before I search for things. Never even thought to search OC3D. I can't imagine how much time is required to try and keep all these sites up to date.
Its a full time job testing and talking to people - doing social too means we are all going grey

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 30-07-14, 03:46 PM
News Guru

Just had to mess a little and see if I could add a Twitter button to my articles. It is at the bottom at the article.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/..._single_slot/1

What do you guys think? Would you guys like to see these on my articles from here on? Not too much effort for me to copy/paste the code.
Old 30-07-14, 04:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Just had to mess a little and see if I could add a Twitter button to my articles.

What do you guys think? Would you guys like to see these on my articles from here on? Not too much effort for me to copy/paste the code.
I can't actually see it, if it's supposed to be between the Google and Facebook buttons, it's just an empty gap for me, although maybe that's a problem on my end.

Edit: I don't know if it was there before, but I saw it after refreshing. I don't use Twitter myself, but if it's no extra difficulty, I don't see any harm in having it there.

Old 30-07-14, 04:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Just had to mess a little and see if I could add a Twitter button to my articles. It is at the bottom at the article.

I've never actually used any of those buttons, but if its not much effort for you, why not?

Old 30-07-14, 04:53 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
I've never actually used any of those buttons, but if its not much effort for you, why not?
Come on MaddenShaddow, share the OC3D Love!
Old 30-07-14, 04:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Come on MaddenShaddow, share the OC3D Love!
Lol, all of my friends will be like "what in the actual fck is this?" I literally know like 2 PC enthusiasts