Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-01-20, 12:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
I still don't consider RT or Tensor as valid features for gamers, especially ones that requires a price hike to pay for. I'll succeed the point for other use-cases, as I have no reference to argue.

The 2080ti was just a a bad buy if you already owned a 1080ti. 30% perf increase is fine at the same price, but it really wasn't

I suppose everyone has a different threshold of how much they're willing to pay..
Valid features or not. It was new tech. That costs alot of money in research and they need to pull it back somehow.

I agree the cost of the cards cannot be justified. But I can't see such tech being released and still at the old price point we saw flagship cards at.

Old 21-01-20, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Valid features or not. It was new tech. That costs alot of money in research and they need to pull it back somehow.

I agree the cost of the cards cannot be justified. But I can't see such tech being released and still at the old price point we saw flagship cards at.
I'm with ya.
Anyways I'd like to see prices come down with next gen, hopefully Radeon can help with that.

I think my personal limit is £700, if the perf is there.
It's the exact reason I don't own a Radeon VII; because its barely 20% better than a V64 LC.
Old 21-01-20, 02:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
I'm with ya.
Anyways I'd like to see prices come down with next gen, hopefully Radeon can help with that.

I think my personal limit is £700, if the perf is there.
It's the exact reason I don't own a Radeon VII; because its barely 20% better than a V64 LC.
Well AMD have really hit the nail on the head so far with almost all of their offerings. This time around, when they say their product will surpass a 2080ti... I think they have won me over into believing it.

That being said, now Nvidia has such devilishly good competition, we might see good price vs performance from them. I get the feeling Nvidia will still release a final product to leap frog into first place again but this time, we may see more reasonable prices.
Old 21-01-20, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Well AMD have really hit the nail on the head so far with almost all of their offerings. This time around, when they say their product will surpass a 2080ti... I think they have won me over into believing it.

That being said, now Nvidia has such devilishly good competition, we might see good price vs performance from them. I get the feeling Nvidia will still release a final product to leap frog into first place again but this time, we may see more reasonable prices.
Exciting times!.. I hope
Old 21-01-20, 03:45 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:

AMD's top end 5950/70 or whatever they call it will be something I will buy as long as it does outperform the 2080 Ti but for less than what the 2080 Ti launched at, £1,149 is just too much especially with the new consoles on the horizon which will offer a complete all in one system for £500 or so with some exceptional performance.

Old 21-01-20, 03:59 PM
OC3D Crew

I went from a 1080Ti to a 2080 and in performance terms it was very much a side-grade, however, I was getting bad memory leaks on the 1080Ti in Destiny and despite many months trying to find a solution it appeared there wasn't one. So I sold my 1080Ti for more than I paid for it and got a 2080 which completely solved the memory leak issue. Don't really use RTX but a very worthwhile purchase IMO.

To each, his own.

Hopefully AMD can force Nvidia into a more competitive pricing strategy but we will see.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 21-01-20, 06:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
AMD's top end 5950/70 or whatever they call it will be something I will buy as long as it does outperform the 2080 Ti but for less than what the 2080 Ti launched at, £1,149 is just too much especially with the new consoles on the horizon which will offer a complete all in one system for £500 or so with some exceptional performance.
But Dice, we are perfect examples of failing the market. We bought 2080ti at their ridiculous prices, even though discounted. As long as we do that, they will challenge the market pushing the prices upwards. Even if its lower than before at launch, they will do their best to get the most for less.
Old 21-01-20, 08:57 PM
OC3D Elite

All RTX prices are still as high as when they released here. I have 0% for Ampere being lower as generally cards are priced outrageously already. Kinda worried that I have nowhere to go from where I am at now, by choice admittedly but still. To be honest, I'd sooner leave pc gaming than paying a grand or over for a card, something I have been considering for a while now. When are these Ampere thingies rumoured to release?

Old 22-01-20, 10:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
All RTX prices are still as high as when they released here. I have 0% for Ampere being lower as generally cards are priced outrageously already. Kinda worried that I have nowhere to go from where I am at now, by choice admittedly but still. To be honest, I'd sooner leave pc gaming than paying a grand or over for a card, something I have been considering for a while now. When are these Ampere thingies rumoured to release?
I wonder If I can get £500 each for my 1080ti's. Last time I sold my 980ti waterblock for retail price because it was EoL and rare to find.

Perhaps I can do the same now.
Old 22-01-20, 12:23 PM

Way too much money honey.

Problem is, some people have too much money to throw away on PC hardware.
Anything over £400 is crazy money for a graphics card.
Most sensible people would choke at that too.( btw I'm a PC gamer not sensible)
That's why most people game on consoles.
I'm considering it myself:- A screen, console, keyboard and mouse. All for under the price of just this one PC component.
VR is nuts too, add another £700 for a HTC Vive headset.
Well I think I'll just wait for the new VR only Half-Life game to come to a screen near me thankyou very much. (and believe me. It will )