Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 03-06-11, 10:34 PM

hey guys here is my new specs list, please comment and tell me what you think, this rig would be for gaming, graphic design i.e. photoshop and illustrator, and a small bit of video editing.

your thoughts?

Old 03-06-11, 10:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to kilobravo
A better psu,like corsair ax850,ocz psu isnt any good.Rendering grafics may need a gtx580 or look at msi gtx570 with twin frozzr cooler.And a better cpu-heatsink if you are oc`ing,running 100% cpu for longer periods would rise temps,as heat is building up is the hole system.

Other specs is looking good

Old 03-06-11, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Things i would change:

cpu cooler: no NH-D14? hmm assuming they won't fit with the Ripjaws that's why you haven't got it listed (any possiblity of having the ram changed so a NH-D14 will fit?)

case: personal choice but i wouldn't go for the 650D, other cases that i can list if you want (just write what features/kind of cases you like

ssd: heard the ocz agility 3 ssd's are pretty crap, had a member here who said his one started acting up after 4 hours of use and the website he ordered it from had 100's of returns (however it could have been a bad batch the website received)

hdd: i'm not so keen on hitachi drives, why not go western digital or samsung

psu: hmm not sure about ocz psu's don't have any experience, although i would go with: corsair / seasonic / nzxt hale (tom likes it)

side note on cpu: lots of debate about 2500k vs 2600k, however if you're going to do cpu heavy tasks most of the time then stick with the 2600k otherwise, if it's gaming mainly go for the 2500k as it's better for gaming and you'll save a pretty penny.
Old 03-06-11, 10:53 PM
OC3D Elite

if you go OCZ go for the ZX series imo better than NZXT and the rest of em
Old 04-06-11, 12:04 AM

ok guys what about this list?

thanks agian
Old 04-06-11, 12:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to kilobravo
Nothing to complain about there,could buy this myself

Old 05-06-11, 03:42 AM

I think you should go with the ASUS p8p67 pro because it has more features and cost less then the sabertooth which you pay for that dubious cooling system

and im not sure that coolermaster 200mm fan will fit into the corsair font 200mm slot because its a 200mm x 30mm fan and corsairs 600t (which the 650Ds layout is almost identical) only fitted 25mm or 20mm fans i can't remember. It may be different with the 650D, if you have bought itm already I would be interested if its fitted fine because that was the fan i wanted to put in the that case as well
Old 05-06-11, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

I think you should go with the ASUS p8p67 pro because it has more features and cost less then the sabertooth which you pay for that dubious cooling system

and im not sure that coolermaster 200mm fan will fit into the corsair font 200mm slot because its a 200mm x 30mm fan and corsairs 600t (which the 650Ds layout is almost identical) only fitted 25mm or 20mm fans i can't remember. It may be different with the 650D, if you have bought itm already I would be interested if its fitted fine because that was the fan i wanted to put in the that case as well
yer, they dont fit, i have alredy changed them out for bitfenix 200mm led fans which are only 200 x 20

what other features does the ASUS p8p67 have that makes it better?