Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 29-09-13, 11:17 PM

Quick question, the red corsair sleeved cables do work with the older HX series psus correct? Their page says it does but I want to make sure. The only problem, which is very very very minor but my OCD says its a problem is the blue of the PSU in a red theme ... I can't help it.

Oh, and I'm seeing the October 15th for the 290x release date, but non reference coolers would take long to come out and I don't know how long I want to wait for my GPU.... BUT; if the card is that much of a monster I'd be willing to do so. Time will tell I guess.

Old 30-09-13, 12:32 AM
OC3D Elite

You have to get the correct cables for your psu or you could blow it if your psu is a series 1 then you must get the cables to match, I went through all those issues recently but Corsair themselves helped me track some down so if you have trouble finding them just talk to Grey_beard on these forums and he will help you
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 30-09-13, 03:40 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanoMal View Post
Oh, and I'm seeing the October 15th for the 290x release date, but non reference coolers would take long to come out and I don't know how long I want to wait for my GPU.... BUT; if the card is that much of a monster I'd be willing to do so. Time will tell I guess.
Stock coolers won't be bad. It seems like they are going the Titan Style stock cooler route but in their own version. Besides with all that power at 1080p the card will rarely hit 100% usage, so noise will be less of an issue. That is if i am correct(which most likely not but oh well).
Old 30-09-13, 04:13 AM

So the PSU I totally forgot, the HX 850 I currently have is only Semi Modular, the 24pin cable is attached to the unit, hence why I couldn't find the 24pin cable that was compatible with the HX series. Problematic.

Still on the fence with the GPU but I'm leaning towards using the 5870 until the 290x release.

Decided on the MSI GD65 over the Gigabyte UD4H (thanks for that recommendation guys it looks awesome)

Feronix mentioned 5 7 volt adapters for the H100i fans to hook them directly into the PSU. What did he mean by that?

Lastly, the front bracket for the H100i heatplate Tom mentioned being sanded down and painted. Any details on that? Mostly paint type and such. Or is that a bad idea?
Old 30-09-13, 04:39 AM
AMD Enthusiast

PSU: Just buy bitfenix alchemy cables if you are really concerned.

GPU: Wait for the 290x release

Motherboard: Both are solid choices. Either is great!

5/7volt adapters: He means you get 5 or 7 volt reducers.. you hook them up to the end of the fan cable and then the other end to a molex spiltter, something like this... Link

Lastly: Don't worry about it. Leave it how it is.
Old 04-10-13, 07:18 AM

So I purchased all my stuff but the GPU; it'll be here tomorrow... but now that the 290x is $700+ I'm feeling that the 780 is a better buy esp. with the leaked benchies for the 290x.
Old 06-10-13, 12:35 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanoMal View Post
So I purchased all my stuff but the GPU; it'll be here tomorrow... but now that the 290x is $700+ I'm feeling that the 780 is a better buy esp. with the leaked benchies for the 290x.
Drivers are not out for the 290x.. Just wait and it's less than 700$ as far as i know.