Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 08-04-11, 11:33 PM
OC3D Crew

If its a gaming only rig mate then people say that the 2600K isn't worth the extra money for the performance diffrence between that and the 2500K. http://www.tomshardw...ew-32155-4.html

As others have said, the vengeance memory won't fit under the D-14. This is a list of memory that will fit: http://www.noctua.at...ts_id=34&lng=en

Personally if you don't mind splashing out on it then I would go for the corsair HX 1200W myself if your thinking Tri-SLI as its got all the connections you'll need and its gold rated and will last you a long time.

I'd also stick with the 570's and get 2 now if you can, or as soon as. People say that there a better alternative to the 590.

If you are running SLI though I would get a case with better airflow than the antec as on the UD7 those cards are right up against each other. I'd personally go with something like the fortress http://www.bit-tech....t02r-w-review/1

Just my thoughts. Hope they help.

Old 09-04-11, 06:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Hi your rig sounds alright and as Karlos stated the Hx I think he meant Ax1200 which is the gold series and listen to the boys here about cases and ram as they helped me heaps with my new rig set up. BTW enjoy the build and your new rig.

Ex.
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 09-04-11, 08:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeh you're definitely gonna need a bigger case. And as for everything else once you've swapped the RAM which has already been mentioned it should be a killer rig. I wouldn't get 2x 570's yet i'd wait until the prices drop and one isn't enough to run all your games. Also I wouldn't bother tri sli, it seems like a pointless act for the minimal benefit imo. I'd also be tempted to save some money and go for the AX850W it'd be more than enough for SLI and everything else you're getting.
Old 09-04-11, 12:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post

Hi your rig sounds alright and as Karlos stated the Hx I think he meant Ax1200 which is the gold series and listen to the boys here about cases and ram as they helped me heaps with my new rig set up. BTW enjoy the build and your new rig.

Ex.
Yes I did mean AX, sorry. In a rush when I posted that last night sorry.

Edit: I´ve put a 60GB SSD in my better halfs rig. WIndows 7 is about 30GB an then we´ve filled about 20GB with the games she plays the most and then the rest are on a storage drives. 60GB is enough as long as your willing to manage it. If that sounds like to much of a pain then go for a 120GB drive instead.

Been thinking about Tri'SLI too. You might want to look into that cus as one of the other guys sorta mentioned, SLI doesn´t seem to scale that well but in the end mate your the only one who has to like your rig.