Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 13-10-18, 01:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not gonna happen, I'm a Star Wars fan and want to see the demo, I am not giving Nvidia my money until they stop smoking that gigantic bag of weed and put prices back to sane levels considering it's a standard 30% gen to gen performance increase.
Hey now, don't be making negative statements about weed by comparing it to Nvidia.

Old 13-10-18, 02:32 PM
Bettyswollocks

As said before by SPS I too believe this is nothing more than a pre rendered pathed video, had it been interactive where by you could move the camera in real time around the scene not just a 360 video head turn I would have been uber impressed.
Old 13-10-18, 03:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Of course its rendered. Had it been intereactive, we could all download it like their demo of the pendulum during the Gsync launch days.
Old 13-10-18, 03:56 PM

Well I don't think it's necessarily pre-rendered, I just mean it won't feel any different to a pre-rendered. If they don't release it publicly it's likely due to the fact it includes Star Wars assets which could be accessed and copied.
Old 13-10-18, 11:36 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Well I don't think it's necessarily pre-rendered, I just mean it won't feel any different to a pre-rendered. If they don't release it publicly it's likely due to the fact it includes Star Wars assets which could be accessed and copied.
It's probably the reason why it is not public. I remember Nvidia saying that the demo used Lucasfilm assets when they first shown the demo publically.
Old 13-10-18, 11:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
It's probably the reason why it is not public. I remember Nvidia saying that the demo used Lucasfilm assets when they first shown the demo publically.

While that is a good point on the assets, I also find it very fishy because it would give people a nice demo of what they paid the 60% extra for over a launch 1080 Ti yet Nvidia have released nothing that can showcase these tensor and RT cores which I find very odd indeed.
=Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 8GB HBM2 @ 1600/1000 - Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ=
=Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5 - Beyerdynamic 770/990/1770/1990 - 250 Ohm=
=Asus ROG Spatha - Asus ROG Claymore "100%" Cherry MX Blue - Asus ROG Sheath=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 13-10-18, 11:43 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
While that is a good point on the assets, I also find it very fishy because it would give people a nice demo of what they paid the 60% extra for over a launch 1080 Ti yet Nvidia have released nothing that can showcase these tensor and RT cores which I find very odd indeed.
Is the Final Fantasy DLSS benchmark public yet? TBH I am surprised that DLSS has not come to the full game yet. Nvidia needs these features in games ASAP.
Old 13-10-18, 11:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Is the Final Fantasy DLSS benchmark public yet? TBH I am surprised that DLSS has not come to the full game yet. Nvidia needs these features in games ASAP.

Not yet no, When I was at my mates the other day who got a 2080 Ti we were having a look around for anything to do with DLSS and came up with nothing, For them making such a noise about RT cores, Tensor cores and DLSS I find it very odd none of them can be found out in the wild for the public to play with.
=Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 8GB HBM2 @ 1600/1000 - Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ=
=Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5 - Beyerdynamic 770/990/1770/1990 - 250 Ohm=
=Asus ROG Spatha - Asus ROG Claymore "100%" Cherry MX Blue - Asus ROG Sheath=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 14-10-18, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah I believe they are actual assets from the films. Pretty sure there was another demo a while back for UE4 that used the same cutscene but wasn't to show off ray tracing.