Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 20-03-17, 11:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Genuinely glad they are exclusively supporting Vulkan, I hope more game developers support it as well since (correct me if I'm wrong) having one API across PC and consoles will make porting less of a hassle so developers have no excuse for terrible PC ports
Well it would simplify a lot of things. But I certainly don't think consoles would be able to run this game based off the scope of what they are aiming to achieve. Well, maybe the Pro and Scorpion could

Old 22-03-17, 01:28 PM

Just another page in the long running saga of this game.
2011 they started working on it.

Do I think this game will ever come out = nope.

If the company was based in the uk, people could get refunds under the law.

All this announcement is designed to do, is get the game back into the news pages.
I5 3570k, 8gb Corsair 2133mhz DDR3, Arctic I30, Crucial M4 64gb (os) 250gb Crucial (games), 1TB WD Green, GTX970, IIyama E2409HDS, Black Fractal R3, Yamaha A-S501, Polk tx220 (pair) SW150, Roccat Isku, Corsair M65 rgb.
Old 22-03-17, 04:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Just another page in the long running saga of this game.
2011 they started working on it.

Do I think this game will ever come out = nope.

If the company was based in the uk, people could get refunds under the law.

All this announcement is designed to do, is get the game back into the news pages.
ehh, production didnt start untill 2013, kickstarter was late 2012, yes this game is coming, a good production takes years or do you want another no man's sky, or vaporware like half-life 3?

Also you can get a refund, if you gonna hate on a game, get your facts right.
Old 22-03-17, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
ehh, production didnt start untill 2013, kickstarter was late 2012, yes this game is coming, a good production takes years or do you want another no man's sky, or vaporware like half-life 3?

Also you can get a refund, if you gonna hate on a game, get your facts right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Imperium_Games
Cloud imperium was started in 2010.
The game was first unveiled in 2011.
Kickstarter was launched late 2012.

Interesting they have a registered office in Manchester, yet when you invest anything it's going to the usa in dollars (different buyer protection laws).

It's the most successful gaming kickstarter on record, so why is the game not ready yet, with that kind of money behind it to hire the best staff, get the best hardware etc. $145m raised so far.

No mans sky was an example of the hype train dialed up to 11.

Half life 3 does the news rounds on a regular basis, but that's all it is, news creation.

200 people have invested in the Javelin ship @ $2500 in 2014, are they getting good value on that purchase ?

I don't like that people have invested a great deal of money into this game yet at the current time they have very little to show for it.
I5 3570k, 8gb Corsair 2133mhz DDR3, Arctic I30, Crucial M4 64gb (os) 250gb Crucial (games), 1TB WD Green, GTX970, IIyama E2409HDS, Black Fractal R3, Yamaha A-S501, Polk tx220 (pair) SW150, Roccat Isku, Corsair M65 rgb.
Old 22-03-17, 07:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Imperium_Games
Cloud imperium was started in 2010.
The game was first unveiled in 2011.
Kickstarter was launched late 2012.
Ironically it was not 2011 even with your link. Read the whole thing, 2011 didn't even appear on the page in addition to using the find function, google didn't see it either
If you are gonna act like a know it all, at least find the information, and at that, using something better than a wiki link.
Old 22-03-17, 11:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

200 people have invested in the Javelin ship @ $2500 in 2014, are they getting good value on that purchase ?
Those people bought those to help the development, and some of those are just so rich, they don't care, point is, its their money and anyone who buys anything on that, or pledges, should accept that as soon as you hit the confirm button, that money is gone forever.

As have i, i own 2 expensive ships, did i really need to, no.. did i really want to, hell yeah! and i don't really care how long they take and that they occasionally screw up big time, its a journey with many faults and big leaps forwards, but in the end, something pretty awesome is coming our way, and its not the yearly drab of triple a games.
Old 23-03-17, 04:08 AM
OC3D Elite

I've been tempted a few times but have held off. I'm thinking about it again as i'm bored with Elite: Dangerous atm. Been playing a few years so until the commanders comes out it's a bit same-same.

They've both done it differently and both have been berated for it. Frontier get told 'you released a half finished game it's rubbish' Chris Roberts gets told 'you keep pushing back the release date' you can't win as a Dev.

I'll be buying both. They're not short term investments.

Old 23-03-17, 05:20 AM
OC3D Elite

A lot of people seem to forget most games take 4-8 tears to develop we just don't see it happen like we do with this game
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 23-03-17, 05:41 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
A lot of people seem to forget most games take 4-8 tears to develop we just don't see it happen like we do with this game
No most games are less than or 4 at most. Especially the yearly releases were they tend to only get 2 years(2 dev teams switching), or in the case of COD, 3 years.
8 years is rare...
The issue isn't time with this game, everyone knew it would take years. The issue is them constantly delaying everything and making more promises and building the hype but not delivering. What they need to do is start delivering. But then they go ahead and do something like this, which will add a pretty big delay to the game as they basically have to start from the beginning with basic Vulkan support from Cryengine(it supports it iirc) and custom build the API to what they need again. I'm not blaming them, it's a great move and it is something that they did not know about till basically 2 years ago. Waiting for it to mature is smart before making this big choice to switch. It's just going to take a while... again