Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 30-06-13, 10:12 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
I really liked the lacing so I guessed I would give it a try. I know that the sleeving is not that good (my first ever sleeved extension hehe) and the lacing could be a bit tighter but I am really pleased with it. So with the help of alpen wasser's video tutorial I managed to lace the first one and then did the 2nd and 3rd from memory and once you get the hang of it, I must say it's fairly straightforward.

Props to Alpen Wasser

not sure if i like the thick cord and the extension looks kinda short, but still good work.

btw, could someone link me to the exact minute where they talk about his build in linus' stream? i cba to watch the whole thing.

Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 30-06-13, 10:35 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
not sure if i like the thick cord and the extension looks kinda short, but still good work.

btw, could someone link me to the exact minute where they talk about his build in linus' stream? i cba to watch the whole thing.
ZEUS: 1:16:04

The other two builds which were also chosen are pretty awesome btw., starting at
1:13:52.

Thanks for the interest.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 30-06-13, 11:37 PM
OmegaStalker's Avatar
OmegaStalker OmegaStalker is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
ZEUS: 1:16:04

The other two builds which were also chosen are pretty awesome btw., starting at
1:13:52.

Thanks for the interest.
Must be nice being famous now you did an awesome job and i will try and follow some of your awesome instructions on arctic water and see if i can thread my cabling (although i'll just end up smashing stuff out of frustration most likely lol)
__________________
ARCTIC WATER
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 30-06-13, 11:40 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
ZEUS: 1:16:04

The other two builds which were also chosen are pretty awesome btw., starting at
1:13:52.

Thanks for the interest.
if they already touch themselves to zeus i can't wait for the day they will find the finished helios build.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-07-13, 12:48 AM
You_What? You_What? is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Why aren't the photo's loading for me....:waah:
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-07-13, 01:05 AM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaStalker View Post
Must be nice being famous now
It's pretty neat. *blush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaStalker View Post
you did an awesome job and i will try and follow some of your awesome instructions on arctic water and see if i can thread my cabling
Thanks! It's nice to see one's efforts appreciated.

And go right ahead, I would feel flattered if somebody decided to lace their
wires as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaStalker View Post
(although i'll just end up smashing stuff out of frustration most likely lol)
Tell me about it. I've been lacing my cables for about eight hours today. Every
time I sit down to relax I have to get up after a few minutes and fix something
that's bothering me which I've left non-perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
if they already touch themselves to zeus i can't wait for the day they will find the finished helios build.
*evil laugh*


EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by You_What? View Post
Why aren't the photo's loading for me....:waah:
Because of this, it should be fixed today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
On a side note: ZEUS being featured on Linus' live stream has given me some
very heavy traffic and shot me over the bandwidth limit for June. The pics should
be working again by tomorrow. I have purchased additional bandwidth to have some
more reserves for the future, especially since I'll be using more png's from now on
because they have better colour fidelity than jpeg's, but they are also substantially
larger in file size and therefore cause more bandwidth usage.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 01-07-13, 06:52 AM
maniac's Avatar
maniac maniac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
not sure if i like the thick cord and the extension looks kinda short, but still good work.
As I said before....I think, the cord I had laying around, I wasn't going about to buy 30m of that stuff without ever trying a piece, I bought 30m/1mm of blue cord for my main rig. And the extension is the only extension I had laying around to try it on, I wasn't about to dismantle my rig to test it lol. I will keep you updated once I get the cord and lace my main rig :P

Alpenwasser: I'm not sure if you already did this and I missed it but a question never hurt anyone Is there any chance you'll do a lacing tutorial of single layer extensions like molex and stuff? I'm trying to lace a molex and I obviously can't use the same technique as a double layered cable.

Thanks in advance,
maniac.
__________________
NZXT Switch 810 - Intel Core i7 950 - EVGA GTX580 SLI - Asus P6T - G.Skill Pi Series 6GB
Corsair H110 - Corsair HX850 - Intel 520 120GB - Acer V243H - Logitech G510 - Corsair M65

Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 01-07-13, 11:33 AM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
Alpenwasser: I'm not sure if you already did this and I missed it but a question never hurt anyone Is there any chance you'll do a lacing tutorial of single layer extensions like molex and stuff? I'm trying to lace a molex and I obviously can't use the same technique as a double layered cable.

Thanks in advance,
maniac.
Yes, I think there will be a single layer version, I just haven't gotten around to that
part of the cabling yet. If you think of something in the mean time, feel free to post
that as well (see PM).
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 01-07-13, 07:49 PM
Reloaded2's Avatar
Reloaded2 Reloaded2 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 529
I Love your cable Lacing for HELIOS , BTW thanks for uploding the tutorial on how to do it much appreciated. Caught my attention like SR-2 like it
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 01-07-13, 07:53 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded2 View Post
I Love your cable Lacing for HELIOS , BTW thanks for uploding the tutorial on how to do it much appreciated. Caught my attention like SR-2 like it
Sure thing mate, and thanks for the kind words.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
560 radiator, caselabs smh10, copper, evga sr-2, geforce titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.