Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Humour

Old 12-02-18, 04:24 PM
News Guru

National clean out your computer day

Remeber guys and girls that today is "Clean Your Computer day" (The second Monday of February). A day where you should delete any junk files, duplicates and organise your desktop icons into less of a mess.

How messy is your PC right now and what are you going to do to fix it?

Old 12-02-18, 06:00 PM
OC3D Elite

For a sec i thought it was clean all the dust and all that, which i had done yesterday haha, as for the os level of clean, i spend a lot of time keeping it clean and fast.
Old 13-02-18, 07:19 AM
OC3D Elite

No desktop icons on any of my PCs to organise.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 13-02-18, 07:45 AM

Oh, I guess I missed it I will do my best to clean it now though! It's better sooner than never
Old 13-02-18, 10:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
No desktop icons on any of my PCs to organise.
I have folders. One simply called APPS and the other GAMES. All of my shorties go in there. I keep a very clean house tbh, so really don't need to have a spring clean.

Old 13-02-18, 10:32 AM

Talking of cleaning whats he best way to clean screens be it a monitor and or tv without scratching the begeezes out of them of leaving marks, for them filthy smokers of which i am one
Old 13-02-18, 10:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
Talking of cleaning whats he best way to clean screens be it a monitor and or tv without scratching the begeezes out of them of leaving marks, for them filthy smokers of which i am one
Start vaping. Seriously from a 30+ roll up a day man if I can do it with all of my mental issues you can too.

I was going to talk about screens the other day, and what a royal tosser they are to clean. I tried screen cleaning fluid, just left streaks. I tried alcohol wipes for cleaning glasses, just left streaks. I then moved onto window cleaner with vinegar. Rounds 1 & 2 left streaks but round 3 and some serious rubbing yielded pretty good results.

The problem for you is what you said, smoking. It will leave a film of tar and nicotine (which is yellow and sticky, the nicotine that is) and all you will do is smear it. To totally get it off you may need to go over it with alcohol a good few times just to get it off, then turn to the window cleaner. Obs don't spray either on the screen it can run down into the contacts along the edge.

But yeah, best way to clean a screen? never clean it. Don't touch it and don't ever clean it because once you do it will never look the same again. Smears, to me, are worse that a litte dust, and you can always blow it off with an air duster without smearing anything around on it.

BTW just a couple of notes. If it's a glossy screen don't use alcohol it will crack or craze it. In fact you are not supposed to use alcohol on plastic at all, but you may be left with no choice.

Old 13-02-18, 11:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Cleaning a screen, get a very fine microfiber cloth, take one corner of it and damp it with water, then squeeze out so its just a bit damp, wipe the screen while its cold, then take the dry side of said cloth and do it again before the damp dries on its own, this is how i do it, and it works fine, worked fine when i smoked as well.
Old 13-02-18, 03:46 PM
OC3D Crew

I don't need a day for cleaning PC junk. My OCD does that for me. I know exactly where and what do i have on my PC.

Dust was cleaned over the weekend. I decided to open PSU and clean it inside after 3 years. I think my life is shorter now for at least a month.
Old 13-02-18, 03:58 PM
OC3D Crew

PC is never messy. I'm too much of a clean freak to let it get that way