Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 13-09-17, 09:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Nice to have you back Dicey!

NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 2400Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 13-09-17, 10:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Thank you
Old 13-09-17, 11:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Fallout 3 to me is about the experience, story, and like Tole said, seeing something new every single time you play it. Therefore you must use V.A.T.S from the very beginning (I skipped it like an idiot and paid the price) and also, lower the difficulty to Very Easy.

That doesn't make you as dumb as it sounds. See, the difficulty setting in Fallout 3 is very clever as it does not make the game easier without penalty. When you lower the difficulty you also lower the XP you get for finishing quests, killing things and etc. That means it takes you longer to level up, so it balances out. But yeah, if the combat is annoying you then make sure you lower the difficulty right down.

There is also a perk that restores your A.P every time you make a kill in V.A.T.S. With that perk you can then chain your attacks and basically wipe out an entire frigging fleet of enemies.

The only downside to Fallout 3 is like you said, the learning curve. It's not a difficulty thing because once you learn all of the game's controls and ETC it becomes very easy. The problem is learning it all. I don't do that sort of learning strangely. I am impatient and up until a few years ago I only played arcade style games that you could pick up and put down. I used to play deeper games like Super Mario 64, but as I got older I found it more frustrating and so on.

When I first played Fallout 3 I will admit I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I did not follow the quest, did not look at the map (didn't even know it was there tbh) and wandered off into Grayditch and got my ass handed to me by a load of fire breathing ants. It was only after about a month of playing that I finally learned all of the PIP boy features and how it all worked and even then I had trouble working out how to use the map and navigate with it.

But yeah, once that game bites you mate you can't put it down. I walked and trod every last square millimetre of that game's map. Once I finished all of the quests I set myself to the bottom corner and then walked north. I then walked to the side until that part became out of view, then returned South etc.

Gosh, I played that game solid every single day for about two years. Then New Vegas came out and I was bitten again.

But sadly Fallout 4 just does not have the depth and soul of the other two. I think it is because they wasted too much time on frivolous unnecessary crap (like buildings and robots) and forgot to code in the detail that made Fallout 3 so full of soul.

With Fallout 3 most of the buildings can be entered. And most of the buildings, once you get inside, will draw you in. Before I knew it I would be 3 hours in just in one building. The scope and ambition of Fallout 3 is unmatched. Heck man, I even found the stuff that Bethesda had not finished haha.

Tole is totally on the right track though. Watch it being played first. That is probably the easiest way. And make sure you turn on subtitles and instead of looking around and listening to some one waffle read what is being said. It's absolutely critical in Fallout 3 not to skip any dialogue. You really need to get that brain working.
Yeah, the first time I played FO3 was around 2009 on the 360. After exiting the vault, I went left instead of right to the town. I got to the first occupied house and got owned. I couldn't get further than that and gave up. /durp
Old 13-09-17, 12:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, the first time I played FO3 was around 2009 on the 360. After exiting the vault, I went left instead of right to the town. I got to the first occupied house and got owned. I couldn't get further than that and gave up. /durp
It's common dude. Very very common to do that. Coming out of that Vault is one of the most incredible but daunting experiences you will ever have whilst gaming.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 13-09-17, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Yup, for sure. I was so sucked into the story that I was surprised to get chucked out of the vault like that! Daunting indeed, especially because when you start, you have no armor, no decent gun, and no knowledge of either if you were new to the game.

Old 13-09-17, 02:43 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Thank you
Tbh it was nice that you were gone. All quiet... Ugh. Now we gotta deal with you again. Lol
(Notice the emoticon, means it's a joke)
Old 13-09-17, 02:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Tbh it was nice that you were gone. All quiet... Ugh. Now we gotta deal with you again. Lol
Maybe next time he goes away we can make our break for it. Move the forum to another server, change the URL etc...

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 13-09-17, 04:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice to see you back Dice I hope your move went well

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 13-09-17, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Maybe next time he goes away we can make our break for it. Move the forum to another server, change the URL etc...

Just de-register the domain and hand out the IP or Tor address to a small handful

Also, is anyone going to be watching the Nintendo Direct tonight/today?

I'm hoping for some more info on the supposed Fire Emblem (Not Warriors) and more third party games announced. I was gutted F1 didn't come to it. I would love Metro Exodus to come to the Switch but that will probably make it burst into flames

Main Rig
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Secondary Rig (Under Repair)
Phenom II X4 955 | Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Cooler TBC | RAM TBC | XFX Radeon HD 6850 | SSD TBC | HDD TBC | PSU TBC | Case TBC
Old 13-09-17, 11:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I am going to reply to everything and post 10 times per hour and say nice thing'n'sh** !!!! so yeahh ! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Nice to see you back Dice I hope your move went well
Thank you, It went very well thanks, Was quite fast and nothing broke

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die