Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 05-10-18, 09:24 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Don't forget EVGA powersuppies I've been rocking the G2 for awhile now and it's bloody good
You mean that rebranded Superflower

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 05-10-18, 09:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
As others have said, Seasonic are top tier. They have their own factories. They oem for a lot of other brands and a lot of the time the when they are used as oem these are the best (tested) models for that brand.
Yeah, that has been go-to site when it comes to PSUs. Although they don’t have for the SuperFlower Leadex 750W Titanium, only their 1000W etc.

I’ve personally only ever gone Corsair, hence why asking about Seasonic, as there’s seems to be a very difference in opinions regarding PSU brands. So it’s rather hard to know what to go for really.
Old 05-10-18, 09:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Yeah, that has been go-to site when it comes to PSUs. Although they don’t have for the SuperFlower Leadex 750W Titanium, only their 1000W etc.

I’ve personally only ever gone Corsair, hence why asking about Seasonic, as there’s seems to be a very difference in opinions regarding PSU brands. So it’s rather hard to know what to go for really.
No matter what PSU you go for you need to do your research first, and not rely on who is selling it (IE Corsair) as there is a high chance they didn't even make it.

I also like to buy stuff Tom or Jonny has tested cause they know their onions. Jonny flew over and taught Tom all he knows.

For example old AX Corsair were Seasonic and the best around, but the AXi range are not Seasonic and failure rates and issues were much higher.

Old 05-10-18, 10:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
That is just rebranded SuperFlower. But yea it is really good.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/evga
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
You mean that rebranded Superflower
Yeah well since we can't buy Superflower here in Straya it's the best one can do!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 05-10-18, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Only one brand is considered superior to seasonic which is Delta and that's only just. Super flower is about equal from what I've seen. I've got a prime platinum 750 and it's been faultless for the last year, running an overclocked threadripper and vega 56.

The warranty and the fact that you are buying from the OEM meaning you know what your getting swayed it for me. Going for a company that gets units made for them by a third party means that whilst the early units might have been seasonic, they may switch OEM's during the product's life cycle. Pretty sure corsiar did this in the past moving from seasonic to CWT or something.