Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Storage Mediums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 13-07-14, 07:42 PM
.Nova. .Nova. is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
But the 840 Evo and MX100 250GB are literally CHEAPER than the 840 Pro 120GB.

You'd rather spend more money on less SSD because you don't want to have extra storage left in case you want to put anything else on the SSD in the future?
that was because all the graphs and reviews had shown that the 840 pro was in almost every scenario one of (if not the) fastest drive.. i now see that it's wasted money

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 13-07-14, 07:46 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
The Intel 730 is not very fast. The reason why it costs so much is because it is reliable, not fast. Refer to these benchmarks: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7803/i...480gb-review/4
They are the fastest in low QDs which are extremely important to response. Since it beats the 840 pro in these areas it is able to beat it. Which is why i would rank it on par with the 840 pro. 840 pro is still the king overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
I understand that you prefer speed over capacity, but if the high-capacity drives have both those features for the same price, why would you get a 120GB one?
Ya you need to listen to this. Pretty much what everyone is asking. You will spend marginally more but get fsater speeds, better reliability, longer lasting, and more storage. Really not a bad deal. Plus with smaller drives you don't get much at all. Take into account you lose storage by formatting and then lose more to windows. You end up losing about 30GB+ right from the start. So you pretty much get a usable 85GBish. Whereas you could have gotten about 185GBish for a few more dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13-07-14, 07:46 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
Just get a 250GB drive, future proof yourself a bit and enjoy the blazing fast SSD speeds that they all have anyway
__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13-07-14, 07:52 PM
.Nova. .Nova. is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
[...]Ya you need to listen to this. Pretty much what everyone is asking. You will spend marginally more but get fsater speeds, better reliability, longer lasting, and more storage. Really not a bad deal. Plus with smaller drives you don't get much at all. Take into account you lose storage by formatting and then lose more to windows. You end up losing about 30GB+ right from the start. So you pretty much get a usable 85GBish. Whereas you could have gotten about 185GBish for a few more dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Just get a 250GB drive, future proof yourself a bit and enjoy the blazing fast SSD speeds that they all have anyway
i now agree i'll be going with the 250GB crucial drive

thanks again for all the replies and for opening my eyes to not always just look for speed only
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13-07-14, 07:54 PM
MadShadow MadShadow is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Andrews, Scotland
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They are the fastest in low QDs which are extremely important to response. Since it beats the 840 pro in these areas it is able to beat it. Which is why i would rank it on par with the 840 pro. 840 pro is still the king overall.
I guess thats fair enough
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
840 evo, 840 pro, adata sp920, intel 530, ssd

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.