Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Storage Mediums

Old 13-07-14, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
But the 840 Evo and MX100 250GB are literally CHEAPER than the 840 Pro 120GB.

You'd rather spend more money on less SSD because you don't want to have extra storage left in case you want to put anything else on the SSD in the future?
that was because all the graphs and reviews had shown that the 840 pro was in almost every scenario one of (if not the) fastest drive.. i now see that it's wasted money

Old 13-07-14, 07:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
The Intel 730 is not very fast. The reason why it costs so much is because it is reliable, not fast. Refer to these benchmarks: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7803/i...480gb-review/4
They are the fastest in low QDs which are extremely important to response. Since it beats the 840 pro in these areas it is able to beat it. Which is why i would rank it on par with the 840 pro. 840 pro is still the king overall.

Quote:
I understand that you prefer speed over capacity, but if the high-capacity drives have both those features for the same price, why would you get a 120GB one?
Ya you need to listen to this. Pretty much what everyone is asking. You will spend marginally more but get fsater speeds, better reliability, longer lasting, and more storage. Really not a bad deal. Plus with smaller drives you don't get much at all. Take into account you lose storage by formatting and then lose more to windows. You end up losing about 30GB+ right from the start. So you pretty much get a usable 85GBish. Whereas you could have gotten about 185GBish for a few more dollars.
Old 13-07-14, 07:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Just get a 250GB drive, future proof yourself a bit and enjoy the blazing fast SSD speeds that they all have anyway

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 13-07-14, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
[...]Ya you need to listen to this. Pretty much what everyone is asking. You will spend marginally more but get fsater speeds, better reliability, longer lasting, and more storage. Really not a bad deal. Plus with smaller drives you don't get much at all. Take into account you lose storage by formatting and then lose more to windows. You end up losing about 30GB+ right from the start. So you pretty much get a usable 85GBish. Whereas you could have gotten about 185GBish for a few more dollars.
Quote:
Just get a 250GB drive, future proof yourself a bit and enjoy the blazing fast SSD speeds that they all have anyway
i now agree i'll be going with the 250GB crucial drive

thanks again for all the replies and for opening my eyes to not always just look for speed only
Old 13-07-14, 07:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They are the fastest in low QDs which are extremely important to response. Since it beats the 840 pro in these areas it is able to beat it. Which is why i would rank it on par with the 840 pro. 840 pro is still the king overall.
I guess thats fair enough

Tags
840 evo, 840 pro, adata sp920, intel 530, ssd