Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-10-17, 02:53 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,971
Nvidia's Geforce 387.92 driver offers a 15-25% performance boost in Forza 7

This new driver is also "Game Ready" for Shadow of War and The Evil Within 2.



Read more on Nvidia's new Geforce 387.92 driver.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-17, 03:10 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,814
Would this put them ahead of AMD in Forza or they still behind?
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-17, 04:01 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Would this put them ahead of AMD in Forza or they still behind?
Hard to know. I am back home this week, so this might be worth a late testing/performance review.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-10-17, 04:41 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 12,065
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Would this put them ahead of AMD in Forza or they still behind?
1080P
V64 - 136FPS
1080 Ti - 111FPS

1440P
V64 - 115FPS
1080 Ti - 102FPS

From that I'd say on par and call me a tin foil hatter but I bet if AMD didn't have specific hardware in Vega that handles DX12 feature sets well, 1 of them being prefetching, I think it's called that, Then I have a gut feeling Nvidia wouldn't have released a 15-25% performance upgrade driver, Tin foil hat I know
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-17, 08:23 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
1080P
V64 - 136FPS
1080 Ti - 111FPS

1440P
V64 - 115FPS
1080 Ti - 102FPS

From that I'd say on par and call me a tin foil hatter but I bet if AMD didn't have specific hardware in Vega that handles DX12 feature sets well, 1 of them being prefetching, I think it's called that, Then I have a gut feeling Nvidia wouldn't have released a 15-25% performance upgrade driver, Tin foil hat I know
You may be right. But people sure are quick to defend companies who don't care about them
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-17, 05:45 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 8,493
This driver seems to have a slight bug (for me) where my GPU doesn't return to 2d/idle clocks if I start doing something on my 144hz monitor. Its like that fantastic issue they took three months to fix back when I had my 780ti and this very 144hz 1440p monitor.

Its like the GPU switches to 3d clocks if I open a tab/do something that would require hardware rendering on chrome.
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904|240gb+512gb Samsung evo 840| ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-17, 05:46 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
This driver seems to have a slight bug (for me) where my GPU doesn't return to 2d/idle clocks if I start doing something on my 144hz monitor. Its like that fantastic issue they took three months to fix back when I had my 780ti and this very 144hz 1440p monitor.

Its like the GPU switches to 3d clocks if I open a tab/do something that would require hardware rendering on chrome.
I noticed this too. I disabled hardware acceleration and it works like normal
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-17, 06:11 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I noticed this too. I disabled hardware acceleration and it works like normal
Odd, never had it happen before. Oh well, I've been meaning to switch back to Opera since forever. Guess nows the time.

Hope that fixes the lingering clockspeeds I have post game.
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904|240gb+512gb Samsung evo 840| ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-17, 06:36 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,814
I would leave chrome on the new tab page, nothing on it, GPU clocks would shoot up to 1721. Disabled hardware acceleration and it would sit at 300mhz like normal.
Pretty sure this happened with people last year
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-17, 08:33 AM
N0ddie's Avatar
N0ddie N0ddie is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
I still cant get connected to a multiplayer game. Can do just fine on the Xbox but not on my PC.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.