Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 09-08-15, 11:08 AM
OC3D Elite

I can't wait to see more

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 09-08-15, 11:26 AM

Today we will be taking a look at the progress on PARVUM SHEEDY, lots has been done on the assembly and loop front, plus all of the custom cables i've been working on. There have been a few set backs along the way with O-ring tolerances but after some testing of the custom parts in isolation they are now looking solid.

Straight in with a cheeky radiator stack perfectly flanking an EK DDC.

...and another EK DDC for good measure.

Everything in this case is a mm perfect fit. The elaborate snake of rotaries are used to get the tubing around the end of the GPU and keep it perpendicular to the midwall.

With the pumps, radiator and motherboard mounted we cut the shorter hard to access pieces of tubing first.

And 100% remembered to plug in the right pump before adding fittings.

Next up the GPU, an EK blocked ASUS 780 DCUII and some of the longer tubing runs

Perfect!

With most of the front taken care of it was time to address the tubing in the rear. This connects the inner front radiator and completes the loop by returning the top radiator back to the reservoir.

While the loop was coming together all of the cables were simultaneously fitted and positioned.

All that left was the top radiator and the reservoir which came in as one sub assembly united to the loop by 2 vertical tubes to each pump.

With everything fitted, cabled and tubed together that concludes our progress so far. All that remains is to connect the embedded LED strip to a peripheral connector of the PSU, fit the M.2 SSD and fill the loop!

But not just yet
Old 15-08-15, 03:17 PM

SHEEDY is showing some signs of life!

Picking up directly from the last update the Mayhems oil black coolant is going in.

After a lot of weird turns and furious shaking the loop was very close to full, all of the fittings made a great seal so it was powered up for the first time and left to pump for several hours.

Initially there were some very pretty patterns in the condensation on the top of the reservoir, hopefully they will re-appear as the effect under the frosted was outstanding in person.

The choice to go with oil black coolant was immediately justified as soon as we turned the studio lights off, from here on in all of the pictures were taken with just the LED strip in the base of the rig powered on.

Then entire rig is illuminated evenly by the refractions through the 10mm clear pass-through block which in turn highlights the frosted accents.

SHEEDY is ready for i55, even if the rest of us aren't!

Thanks for all of your comments and subs so far, final photos aren't far away now.
Old 15-08-15, 03:18 PM
OC3D Elite

that frosted plexi makes the coolant in the res look like frozen, I approve!
Old 15-08-15, 03:33 PM
OC3D Crew

Great build mate, really like how this looks
Old 15-08-15, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

1 word: Gorgeous!
Subtle lighting but it suites the rig very well. One day I'd love to build a custom loop in a Parvum case as well, but I doubt I'll reach this level of epicness
Old 15-08-15, 06:13 PM
too many shrooms

that's tidy as mate
Old 15-08-15, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Pogal_31
AAAAwww nice one, tubing layout reminds me one of your former build : Project Magnus

Awesome work, love your attention to detail

Old 16-08-15, 07:48 AM
OC3D Crew

Awesome looking.

The planning and preparation that must have gone in to this, really paying off.

Never seen that type of coolant before, very nice. If only it stayed separated .

Definitely looking forward to the final pictures.
Old 16-08-15, 08:20 AM
The Webmaster

I'm gonna go unpopular opinion puffin and say I'm not keen on the tubing layout and fittings layout in this.

While granted it's obviously taken a lot of planning to do (and that shows) it still feels... I dunno.. haphazard from some angles? Like.. what's it trying to achieve? There's chuffin' loads of fittings in there (And I know you only like to do straight runs of hardline tubing) but I do think in this particular build, it's suffering from over complication a bit.

From a technical standpoint, it's fantastic but aesthetically, to me at least, this looks messy, just too many fittings and too much going on. Complicated for complicated's sake.

It feels to me like one of those, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" type of deals.

Again, totally personal opinion and personal taste, but, I had to say it because I enjoy most of the Parvum builds, but this one's just not doing it for me, sorry guys.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

Tags
acrylic, itx, parvum, scratchbuild, watercooling