Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 01-02-20, 08:54 AM
Resident Newb

2 new cases of Corona virus in the UK in Newcastle from 2 x Chinese nationals who were in a hotel which have probably infected even more people, If common sense were more common in the world any and all people coming from China at the first sign of this virus would've been denied entrance to any country outside of China, Not forgetting to mention a lot of these viruses keep coming from China, I think it's time to ban China from the world for a few years.

Globalism has its upsides but with things like this globalism is very dangerous.

Old 01-02-20, 11:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah it kinda made me laugh when they said there were two cases in the UK and they were both Chinese.

/Slow clap. that's it, just let it walk right on in.

There should have been quarantine immediately.

Old 01-02-20, 02:08 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah it kinda made me laugh when they said there were two cases in the UK and they were both Chinese.

/Slow clap. that's it, just let it walk right on in.

There should have been quarantine immediately.
What makes it also pretty disgusting is that a lot of the Chinese students that go to university in the UK that are directly from China and have returned recently, Especially at my cousins university in Scotland, Repeatedly hock and spit all over the place with absolutely zero regard for anyone else.

When my Aunt worked in Hong Kong in the early 90's as a nurse she said basic manners and hygiene were ignored and the amount of people that would just hock a loogy onto the pavement was over the top, She only stayed 6 months, So it's easy to see how it's spread so quickly within China.

Old 01-02-20, 02:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
What makes it also pretty disgusting is that a lot of the Chinese students that go to university in the UK that are directly from China and have returned recently, Especially at my cousins university in Scotland, Repeatedly hock and spit all over the place with absolutely zero regard for anyone else.

When my Aunt worked in Hong Kong in the early 90's as a nurse she said basic manners and hygiene were ignored and the amount of people that would just hock a loogy onto the pavement was over the top, She only stayed 6 months, So it's easy to see how it's spread so quickly within China.
We're very clever us Brits. We totally didn't have the bubonic plague and no one actually died rotting to their death.

Sarcasm aside yeah, we're absolutely frickin dumb.

The good part? humanity will learn. And, nature will have a bloody good clearout at our expense for being stupid.

As soon as they got one whiff they should have closed the bloody airport. Greed though as usual. What if Mr Wang can't come over to do his business deal? OMG end of the world

I wonder how he is feeling right now. What a stain. I used to love him on The Word, but jesus man remainers can be quite deranged at times.

What makes me laugh when remainers go on and on about old people is that they don't seem to be able to comprehend that without the old buggers WE WOULDN'T BE HERE. And we wouldn't have won two world wars and one world cup either.

We'd likely be speaking German.

Old 01-02-20, 02:22 PM
OC3D Elite

To be fair this strain of coronavirus is a long way off anything as deadly as bubonic plague even today, seems to have a mortality rate of only 2% and require quite close extended contact to be contagious, so apparently most of it is probably near direct from the animal source, apparently most likely snakes in a specific region of china.
Old 01-02-20, 02:30 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
We're very clever us Brits. We totally didn't have the bubonic plague and no one actually died rotting to their death.

Sarcasm aside yeah, we're absolutely frickin dumb.

The good part? humanity will learn. And, nature will have a bloody good clearout at our expense for being stupid.

As soon as they got one whiff they should have closed the bloody airport. Greed though as usual. What if Mr Wang can't come over to do his business deal? OMG end of the world

I wonder how he is feeling right now. What a stain. I used to love him on The Word, but jesus man remainers can be quite deranged at times.

What makes me laugh when remainers go on and on about old people is that they don't seem to be able to comprehend that without the old buggers WE WOULDN'T BE HERE. And we wouldn't have won two world wars and one world cup either.

We'd likely be speaking German.

To be real about that England would be better off as the class system would've been wiped out along with all the "What what I say Nigel" types who are societal parasites but instead the UK has a German royal family who are as English as me.... and I have zero English in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
To be fair this strain of coronavirus is a long way off anything as deadly as bubonic plague even today, seems to have a mortality rate of only 2% and require quite close extended contact to be contagious, so apparently most of it is probably near direct from the animal source, apparently most likely snakes in a specific region of china.

Chances are this will be contained well eventually and it will cause minimal problems on the grand scale of things, Just annoying how the media tend to go a little over the top.

Old 01-02-20, 02:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Apparently Canada already cured and release one person, so I'm guessing this thing is totally overblown, surprise surprise. It's probably just like any other serious flu, a danger to the elderly or people in ill health, but everyone else will be fine.

Old 01-02-20, 02:54 PM
OC3D Elite

It's the media doing what the media does best, make a total mess of it!
Old 01-02-20, 03:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Hey Dice I'm going to get a DNA heritage test soon. You should too. Have an OC3D "what are you?" Thread lol.

Old 01-02-20, 03:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Hey Dice I'm going to get a DNA heritage test soon. You should too. Have an OC3D "what are you?" Thread lol.

My guess his ancestors share the refund trait

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk