Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 06-02-18, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to frufsa
Best usb fancontroller?

Hello.

I’m looking into getting a usb fancontroller.
What is the best usb fancontrollet atm?
Is the aquaero 6lt the king? Or is corsair comand pro a bether option?
I do not run anny watercooling, nor will i ever run it in that pc.
The reason for a bether fan controller is that i cant sett up the curves the way i want on the mobo fancontroller. And i want to have more temp imputs and the ability to controll chassy fans based on gpu temp.

I currently have 4 fans i want to controll, but it will problaby become 6(i plan on trying nf-f12’s on the gpu.)

Old 06-02-18, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Have you looked in to the Phanteks powered PWM hub? You can run up to 8 fans from it, controlled via the motherboard PWM

The only USB controller I've used is the Aquacomputer Poweradjust 3 to voltage control 9 non PWM fans. I'd highly recommend it, but it's probably a bit over kill as you don't need flow monitoring and such.
Old 06-02-18, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
Have you looked in to the Phanteks powered PWM hub? You can run up to 8 fans from it, controlled via the motherboard PWM

The only USB controller I've used is the Aquacomputer Poweradjust 3 to voltage control 9 non PWM fans. I'd highly recommend it, but it's probably a bit over kill as you don't need flow monitoring and such.
Its not the amoubt of fanconnetors i have a problem with, its the lack of controll on the onboard headers. I’m not running manny fans so the amount of headers is not that important.
Old 06-02-18, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Right I see! I've heard good things about the Corsair commander, but it's quite pricey. The Aquacomputer one I mentioned is only £35 but does then require some sort of splitter as it only has one single 30W fan output.
The suite it uses I find nice and easy, with as much control as you could possibly want.
Old 06-02-18, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
Right I see! I've heard good things about the Corsair commander, but it's quite pricey. The Aquacomputer one I mentioned is only £35 but does then require some sort of splitter as it only has one single 30W fan output.
The suite it uses I find nice and easy, with as much control as you could possibly want.
I dont find the comander pro or the aquaero 6 lt expensive.
I’m just looking for the best solution.
I’m a litte bitt affraid of the sw on the corsair unit, regarding what temps i can imput, and to what degree i have controll over the fans. I have heard a lot of good words about the aquaero 5 back in the days. But i havent heard a lot about the comander pro.
Old 06-02-18, 06:51 PM
OC3D Elite

I have a PA3 and the software is the same as the AE. I stuck a Splitty 9 on mine. I run the pump and all of my fans from it at 7v.

Old 06-02-18, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

So aquaero is the way to go?
I is the way to upgrade to more channels on it to just buy a poweradjust? I see these are super cheap.
Old 06-02-18, 08:55 PM
OC3D Crew

I'd avoid those Phanteks PWM hubs as they won't control the fans through PWM.

I have an Aquero XT 6 and it's ridiculous the amount of options it gives you. Having said that a cheaper version would be just as good if you're looking for fan control alone.

I'd check if all your motherboard headers are proper PWM too as this is something companies like MSI and Gigabyte tend to scimp out on.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 06-02-18, 09:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frufsa View Post
So aquaero is the way to go?
I is the way to upgrade to more channels on it to just buy a poweradjust? I see these are super cheap.
You can use the PA on its own, but yes it does interface with the AE. If you want the channels at separate speeds then that is the way to go, or, if you are happy having all of the fans at one speed (but fully controlled) then the PA with a Splitty will do the job.

Old 06-02-18, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I'd avoid those Phanteks PWM hubs as they won't control the fans through PWM.

I have an Aquero XT 6 and it's ridiculous the amount of options it gives you. Having said that a cheaper version would be just as good if you're looking for fan control alone.

I'd check if all your motherboard headers are proper PWM too as this is something companies like MSI and Gigabyte tend to scimp out on.
Yeah, im looking for just the fan controller. Dont have anny need for the screen in a non windowed define c.

Ill go for a lt then