Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 04-04-14, 02:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Aquaero Owners Club

I want to start a thread for everyone that owns an Aquacomputer Aquaero fan controller. Post any pictures and screenshots you have of your Aquaero, along with any tips, tricks, lessons learned with the Aquasuite Software. Show us your overview page that you created.

Old 11-05-14, 10:19 PM
OC3D Crew

Displaying custom images on the Aquaero

Alright Kong! This thread isn't as popular as it should be, so lets get some content in here!

Here's a little bit from me - Displaying custom images on your Aquaero.

Firstly, creating your image. There are a number of rules the image must abide by for the Aquaero to display it:

- the size of the image should be 256 x 64 pixels
- can only be black & white
- the colour of the image is inverted when displayed on the Aquaero, so black is white
- the PNG format works for me

I use Fireworks to create and export my image:

Once you have created your image, on the Aquasuite program navigate to Aquaero -> Information pages. Expand the "Special pages and logo" drop down and click the button "Upload custom logo to device". Navigate to your image and it shall be uploaded to your device once you have selected it.

Lastly, expand the "Information pages" dropdown and select "Miscellaneous" from the list of "Available screens". Drag and drop the screen "User defined logo" from the left to the right to "Displayed screens". The confusing part here may be that it looks nothing like the custom image you created - it's just a dummy. Note - where you place it in the list of "Displayed screens" is the sequence that the Aquaero will scroll through. Remove any you don't need.

As an added touch, drag and drop the "User defined logo" to the box "Page during standby" - it will display your custom image when your pc is off (as long as your PSU is still on).

Use the buttons on the Aquaero or the remote control to cycle through the screens to see your custom image .

Have fun and share your images !
Old 11-05-14, 11:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Very nice. Thanks a bunch. I could not figure out why my image never showed up on the Aquasuite upload. Now I have it working, thanks again.
Old 12-05-14, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Intriguing I might have to get me one of these. It's a shame there is no 6 LT with no display because I wouldn't mind running PWM fans again. How do the 5's handle normal 3-pin fans? Do they give you like an equivalent range of 7-12v. They are so confusing to read about it would be great to hear your thoughts. I would be looking to just run about 10-13 fans varying by CPU and GPU temperature. Thanks, if they can offer what i'm after i'd love to join the club and add another sexy post to your thread!

JR
Old 12-05-14, 08:53 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Very nice. Thanks a bunch. I could not figure out why my image never showed up on the Aquasuite upload. Now I have it working, thanks again.
No problem mate, glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
Intriguing I might have to get me one of these. It's a shame there is no 6 LT with no display because I wouldn't mind running PWM fans again. How do the 5's handle normal 3-pin fans? Do they give you like an equivalent range of 7-12v. They are so confusing to read about it would be great to hear your thoughts. I would be looking to just run about 10-13 fans varying by CPU and GPU temperature. Thanks, if they can offer what i'm after i'd love to join the club and add another sexy post to your thread!

JR
It's only 3 pin fans that I use (Silverstone ap181's) and I can go as low as 4volts on them, for uber silence. I use the pwm outputs of the aquaero to control the brightness of leds.

Get one, the level of control is unparalleled.
Old 25-06-14, 11:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Aquaero guys I need some help as i'm stuck in a catch 22 of PC modding!

Firstly I haz an Aquaero! It's an LT with the 20mm heatsink...

and I also haz many many fans! 12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions and 1x AF140 Quiet Edition. The fans are rated at 0.08A so they are pretty much 1 watt each.

Now my big concern is that my fans may be a bit too much for the Aquaero, not in terms of watts per channel because the Aquaero could clearly handle 25 at 12 volts, but in the heat produced when the voltage is turned down. Ideally I would just test them but I don't have a PC, because i'm building it. While I could go to my friends and test there I don't have any fan cables and splitters because I don't know how long they need to be because I haven't mounted my aquaero as i'm worried it may be insufficient. lol.

I also want to run dimmable white LED's from the Aquaero and i'm talking a big quantity so really the 4th PWM fan channel would be ideal. So do you guys think it would be a good idea to get a seccond Aquaero 5 LT and run it as a slave so it would work out like so...

Aquaero 5 LT Master with 20mm Passive Heatsink
C1: 2x SP120
C2: 2x SP120
C3: 2x SP120
C4: White LED strips

Aquaero 5 LT Slave with 20mm Passive Heatsink
C1: 2x SP120
C2: 2x SP120
C3: 2x SP120
C4: 1x AF140

OR will it be ok to just smash everything onto one Aquaero like this:
C1: 3x SP120 + 1x AF140
C2: 3x SP120
C3: 3x SP120
C4: 3x SP120
2-pin PWM: White LED strips

I do realize that I could just add power adjusts however they are fugly and will be much harder to package neatly. Getting the water block also isn't an option due to it's location. It also won't receive much passive airflow as it will be in the back compartment of my rig.

It would be fantastic to get some input from you guys who are experienced with the Aquaero kit before I start mounting and ordering cables.

JR
Old 25-06-14, 08:34 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't think the 5LT can run all those together. You can get a 6 and take the screen off and run it like an LT through the software. That could handle all the fans I think, and it would be cheaper than buying two 5LT models.

Another thing to note, if using PWM Corsair fans in a group, there is an issue when using splitter boxes. From what I am told, four PWM fans or more on some blocks are not controllable. Something about the fans and the PWM signal strength. I am only running three PWM Corsair fans per block, and don't have any trouble. I don't know what the non PWM fans will do because I have never tried them.

Old 25-06-14, 11:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
I don't think the 5LT can run all those together. You can get a 6 and take the screen off and run it like an LT through the software. That could handle all the fans I think, and it would be cheaper than buying two 5LT models.

Another thing to note, if using PWM Corsair fans in a group, there is an issue when using splitter boxes. From what I am told, four PWM fans or more on some blocks are not controllable. Something about the fans and the PWM signal strength. I am only running three PWM Corsair fans per block, and don't have any trouble. I don't know what the non PWM fans will do because I have never tried them.
Thanks for the reply, i'm not using PWM fans so I don't think an Aquaero 6 would provide a massive benefit, I already have one 5LT and another will only set me back £55 as opposed to £140 for a 6 so its definitely a cheaper option in our market, i'm more than happy to add another 5 if one can't deliver and I have heard one or two fans per channel is really the limit when trying to slow them down. Apparently the poweradjusts can't handle much more either so a slave looks like the sensible option, besides dat epeen, practically the raid0 or SLI of fan controllers lol.

JR
Old 26-06-14, 02:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Just make sure you get the heat sinks and put on it at the least.

The 6 can adjust non PWM fans, but I have never tried it.

What is everyone using for fan profiles?
Old 20-02-15, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Hi all,

I'll be joining the club as well in a few months, but still have some questions regarding the fan controlling.

My case will be a 900D, 480rad in the top p/p (8 fans here) and another 480 push in the bottom (4 fans here). There will also be 2 AF120's as front case fans and an AF140 rear case fan, giving a total of 15 fans. Those case fans don't have to be controlled much as they provide some airflow through the case for the non watercooled components.

I'm thinking of getting a setup like JR's, and run two 5 LTs in a master-slave setup. One of them will be dedicated to the top rad and the other to the bottom rad.

The maximum amount of fans to be hooked up on one unit is 8 isn't it? With the use of fan splitters ofc, 2 fans / channel. The unit controlling the bottom rad could also have the two front case fans on its third channel and the rear case fan on its fourth channel. Will it properly handle 8 SP120s simultaneously?

From what I've read about these so far, they are very powerful units capable of many things. But how are the LED strips controlled with these? Are the attached to the white 4-pin connector and voltage adjusted like the fans are?

Cheers,
Asper