Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions

Old 12-12-12, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Roooker
Hi everyone,
my name is Eric i am 17 (18 in 3 weeks, getting excited ) years old and i live in Gemany. Right now I am an University student and i plan on studying
computer science in August 2013. I havent done much modding and that kind of stuff but i plan to. I just didn't find the time yet. Hardware interests me since i am 15 or so and i enjoy playing some games from time to time. Mostly Battlefield 3 and right now Far cry.

I hope i can have a nice time haning out in the forms.

Regards Eric aka Roooker

CPU: Core i5 2500k Turbo @ 4,2 GHz with Corsair H100i GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Vengance 2x 4GB 1600 8-8-8-24 SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 120GB PSU: OCZ ZT 750W Case: Moddded Corsair 500R
My Rig Gallery

Old 12-12-12, 07:56 PM

hi everyone, my name is Mark a British Expat living in the sands of the Middle East, last year I built my first ring - and now im hooked.

Great looking forum hopefully i will learn a lot for you people out there!!!

Cheers
Old 12-12-12, 11:25 PM
OC3D Crew

G'day mates!

New to modding, and overclocking, but NOT to building my own rig.

Live in Australia (NOT Austria), and have recently built myself a beast of a system. Not looking to overclock yet, but am thinking of getting into full blown water cooling, and then modding down the track.

For those that are curious, my latest rig (built only 2 weeks ago ) is: Rampage IV Extreme, Thermaltake Overseer RX-1, H100i, Intel 3770K, MSI GTX680, 2x Samsung 128GB SSDs, 1 Seagate 2TB Mech. drive, Asus Optical drive (Sata 3), 32 Gig RAM (Dominator), Win 7 64bit. The *only* mod I did was to make the H100i fit in the case with the RAM (removed the heat spreader on the RAM).

Please bear with me, particularly when it comes to watercooling questions, because I DO have a passion for it, but as I said earlier; i've never really done it before, and I tend to try and plan all things out BEFORE I purchase anything...

Cheers!

Surfie
Old 12-12-12, 11:50 PM

hello peep's my name isnt realy chernobyl for those who thought my name is chernobyl its just my vidiot gaming name just to set the record straight my typing sucks to so bare wit me, im actualy on hear as a secret spy to uncover the secret myths of raid and why my computer dosnt handle it even when i had a shop put my rig in raid and it came home crashen like a drunken driver, all right anyways rock on people and i hope to make some homies on here and learn lots about the computer world .... chernobyl out for now
Old 13-12-12, 12:13 AM

Hey all very new here =) hope to meet most of you not that new to over clocking and modding but always room for improvement =P

Thanks all =D
Cian
Old 13-12-12, 02:41 AM

Hey everybody!

Hey there everyone!

I would like to start off by saying that I've been watching all of Toms videos for awhile now, and I have to say he's one of my favorite tech youtubers. Once I heard about this forum I couldn't help but to join! You guys seem like a great community, and you stand out among the seas of others. ( Some communities are just plain gray )

I'm from Canada, (Yes, call me a Canuck if you wish), and I've been into DIY PC's for as long as I can remember. When I was in 2nd or third grade I was installing operating systems and playing around in the BIOS of my family computer! (Under the watchful eye of my father of course )

My experience has since far passed that of my mentor, my father, and I have turned into the family IT guy despite my age. I'm not much of a modder, but that's mostly because I'm still in school and I have barely enough time, or money to do much with my computer, nor the tools to mod with. I do however know more than anybody else in my life about actually building systems, but I know there is plenty of room for improvement, and there always will be.

I have spent quite a bit of time contributing to the learning of my friend though. He had some cash, and his old laptop just wasn't doing it for him anymore. Being the only techy he knew, he asked me about it, and well, I ended up making him a rig. We talked about it for awhile and we built it the way he wanted it. Ever since, he is fairly educated in PC's but, he is still learning.

My computer is just an old Dell inspiron 531 from 2007 that I have upgraded. The actual computer I got from my friend I built the rig for for free, because it was "broken" and he was using it as a foot rest. I plugged a new video card in, and it worked great. I've been slowly upgrading it ever since. Having basically no money, it's still nothing to stop laughing at, but it is what it is.

Anyway, you all seem like a great community! I can't wait to get in on some of the conversations on this awesome forum. (After my finals that is)

Thanks,

-Kidbest100
Old 13-12-12, 05:59 AM

Greeting from Philippines

Currently lurking forums
Old 13-12-12, 10:12 AM

Smile hi all

i am a noobie to all this and i hope the community can help me!
Old 13-12-12, 11:19 AM

I just make this quick:

Since I needed to upgrade my rig last year, my interest for pc and its components increased. Thus looking at reviews, reading about future new stuff for PC ++. Also, I am a hardcore gamer. Playing most, if not all genres out there.

I am 22 years old, soon 23(next month), I absolutely love death metal, good tv and movies with good story. The Walking Dead to mention one. Also, I looove science. So, yeah, that's about it. Hi everyone!
Old 13-12-12, 01:04 PM

Hi everyone!
Greetings from Macedonia