Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Networks & Security

Old 14-01-19, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

So I binned the windows server and installed freenas, network is now running at full speed (crappy windows server !!)

Edit: also getting full 10gb/s copying over to my mechanical drives, the mem cache is working great on Freenas

Intel Core i9 9900kK @ 5.00GHz @1.275v - Asus ROG Maximus Hero - Corsair 3000mhz CL16 LED 4x16GB SKHYNIX - Thermal Take View Glass - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110i - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz
Old 14-01-19, 08:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Glad to see that helped, Windows is full of weird quirks with stuff like this. Regarding getting rid of graphs in TaskManager, there's no clean way to do it, if you're really fussed though and the devices are literally never used you can just disable them in Device Manager and the graphs will go too.
Old 14-01-19, 09:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Glad to see that helped, Windows is full of weird quirks with stuff like this. Regarding getting rid of graphs in TaskManager, there's no clean way to do it, if you're really fussed though and the devices are literally never used you can just disable them in Device Manager and the graphs will go too.
Well that’s the thing, I can just either have them as dots (like yours) or have them as graphs. I can’t disable them lol.
Old 14-01-19, 10:07 PM
OC3D Elite

I was screenshotting FTLN, mine looks like this:

When I say disable things in Device Manager, I mean like this:

Edit- My GPUs external so here's disabling that as an example(You can actually just eject it like a pen drive on Win 10 nowadays though even with these pre-Thunderbolt ones):
Note, most stuff, including this GPU, but generally any PCIe based WiFi or Bluetooth modules and such too, will re-enable and continue running perfectly fine without a need to reboot.