Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 12-08-19, 10:07 AM
The Guvnor

ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT Strix Review

The first of the partner vendor cards boasting the Navi GPU are here, and we take a look at the popular ASUS Strix.

ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT Strix Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 12-08-19, 10:34 AM

Wrong results

Once again, in battlefield 5, your results for the 5700xt reference and vega 7 are totaly wrong.
Old 12-08-19, 11:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardeon View Post
Once again, in battlefield 5, your results for the 5700xt reference and vega 7 are totaly wrong.
You say they are wrong, yet give nothing as to why they are wrong and/or don’t give any info/source as to backup your claim.
Old 12-08-19, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

OC = 10° cooler? oO
Old 12-08-19, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

To be fair I don't think he needs to provide a source when the graph says Vega64 outperforms the RVII, but it's almost certainly down to the fact that trying to actually reliably benchmark BFV is almost impossible.
Old 12-08-19, 04:52 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
To be fair I don't think he needs to provide a source when the graph says Vega64 outperforms the RVII, but it's almost certainly down to the fact that trying to actually reliably benchmark BFV is almost impossible.

Yeah A Vega 64 should not be outperforming a Radeon 7 in anything considering the Radeon 7 is the successor to Vega 64 and faster in every way but then again as you said benchmarking a game that has no built in benchmark is quite tricky.
Old 13-08-19, 08:28 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Agreed, there is no built in benchmark, the game gets updated regularly, drivers change, windows updates, bios updates, what mood an AV is in ect ect there are far too many factors to take into account here.

I am first to call out when something is blatantly wrong or biased but without benching everyone of these cards everytime a new review is published you can't call it wrong. It was correct at the time of testing dude, theres more to life than benching systems.
Old 12-08-19, 12:51 PM
Old N Gold

£500 is too expensive IMO. Great performing card, but I personally won't be getting this one.

Also, I've never found OC3D's GPU benchmarks overly reliable. They don't retest things and so results can appear skewed. I remember the 1070Ti was raved about here saying it was faster than a 1080, when the reality was, the 1080 had been tested over a year earlier and had many driver revisions since then. I would never take OC3D's numbers at face value. I'd always compare them to other sites.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 12-08-19, 12:58 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
£500 is too expensive IMO. Great performing card, but I personally won't be getting this one.

Also, I've never found OC3D's GPU benchmarks overly reliable. They don't retest things and so results can appear skewed. I remember the 1070Ti was raved about here saying it was faster than a 1080, when the reality was, the 1080 had been tested over a year earlier and had many driver revisions since then. I would never take OC3D's numbers at face value. I'd always compare them to other sites.
We are hoping to implement some changes in the future to address this. The only problem is that this change will require a CPU/motherboard change in our test system, so retesting and changing our graphs would be pointless before this happens.

Your criticisms have been noted. It is just going to take time to change things.
Old 12-08-19, 09:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Good review as usual Tom, although I think the bench charts should have been sorted by 1440 as that is where the card really sits, it is an entry level at best for 4k.
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro