Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1921  
Old 18-11-20, 08:15 PM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,175
So it seems Samsung released a new firmware for the G7 monitors that has fixed the flicker problem. Not test it myself but I see lots of positive responses online. It adds a new VRR

Firmware
Version 1009.3

Reply With Quote
  #1922  
Old 20-11-20, 04:29 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Reactor No.4, The Zone
Posts: 1,236
Guys just a question:

Western Digital SN750 2TB NVMe with the EKWB heatsink for £234 on amazon right now, do I pull the trigger?
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #1923  
Old 20-11-20, 06:20 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Guys just a question:

Western Digital SN750 2TB NVMe with the EKWB heatsink for £234 on amazon right now, do I pull the trigger?

Yes !


I had the 1TB version, Amazing performer and the heatsink kept things in control nicely.
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #1924  
Old 20-11-20, 06:29 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Reactor No.4, The Zone
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Yes !


I had the 1TB version, Amazing performer and the heatsink kept things in control nicely.
When you say 'had' did you switch it out for any particular reason?
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #1925  
Old 20-11-20, 06:43 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
When you say 'had' did you switch it out for any particular reason?
Dice doesn't need a reason. He's special.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #1926  
Old 20-11-20, 06:56 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Reactor No.4, The Zone
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Dice doesn't need a reason. He's special.
lmfao, I forgot about that. haha

I've bought it anyway. Officially dropping SATA
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #1927  
Old 20-11-20, 08:16 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Dice doesn't need a reason. He's special.
I'm totally special... in the head XD

Reason for the "had" is I hit a little financial snag, As every gym in the country seems to have shut down and as I work in the fitness industry that's a big problem due to it being my main, And only, Source of income it's meant zero money coming in so I've had to sell things off including my rig, Monitor, Basically nearly everything electrical I have, Not the best situation to be in, I've tried applying for help through the job centre but I got declined because I am technically not a citizen of the UK due to having a republic of Ireland passport and as the UK is leaving the EU they are not inclined to help anyone from the EU even though I've paid into the system for 10+ years.

So yeah, Bit annoying to say the least, I have a 10 year old compaq laptop that I can use to watch my friends netflix and disneyplus accounts, Rent, Net and utilities are good for the next 6 months, Due to my frugal financing when it comes to those, But I have to visit the local food bank once every few days or I don't eat.

Probably more than you wanted to know but yeah, 2020, What a wonderful year
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.