Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 17-03-17, 01:22 PM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
So tired of seeing this thing in red. I really am. I wish they could design it so that you can snap out the red parts and swap them for white, yellow, green etc. If XFX can make removable fans then MSI can make removable trims.
I think they do snap out so you can respray or recolour. Its possible on their Mobo at least.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18-03-17, 07:16 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
I bet it will be just as crappy as the older MSI GPU's.....lol

I will never own another MSI GPU or products ever again.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18-03-17, 07:58 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
I had really hoped that the red would be gone by now and they just had a black card with the RGB's as this is gonna cost them sales
Me too. Maybe Volta and Navi will see them finally change things.
__________________
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ⁞⁞ 4670K 4.5Ghz ⁞⁞ Nepton 240M ⁞⁞ ASUS Fury Strix ⁞⁞ Fury 16GB ⁞⁞ Define R4 ⁞⁞ AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung EVO 120 & 500GB ⁞⁞ WD 1TB & 3TB
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX ⁞⁞ Fidelio X2
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 19-03-17, 03:11 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
MSI is not smart enough to make a GPU in 1 colour.....lol
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19-03-17, 06:46 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 11,485
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
MSI is not smart enough to make a GPU in 1 colour.....lol
People have been making fun of them for quite some time about their odd choice in colours yet they don't learn.

At least Asus learned after the last Matrix line with that annoying as hell GPU load indicator and started making all black GPU's with RGB.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-03-17, 09:26 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
People have been making fun of them for quite some time about their odd choice in colours yet they don't learn.

At least Asus learned after the last Matrix line with that annoying as hell GPU load indicator and started making all black GPU's with RGB.
IMO MSI are just too stupid to make a one colour GPU and they will never learn.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20-03-17, 10:18 AM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
People have been making fun of them for quite some time about their odd choice in colours yet they don't learn.

At least Asus learned after the last Matrix line with that annoying as hell GPU load indicator and started making all black GPU's with RGB.
I see your point. But I mentioned it before. The Asian market is far bigger than the rest of the global markets and that is who MSI cater for. It is the Asian community that have a love of RGB, oversized logos and (in my opinion) immature concept of what looks good in a pc. Yes its subjective but everyone seems to think that just because the western world don't like their colour schemes, they will change for us.

Well. To MSI, we are a minority.

I agree though. They are hideous these days. I wish MSI reverted to their old logo which was simply "MSI" and go monotone scheme.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-03-17, 10:26 AM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
IMO MSI are just too stupid to make a one colour GPU and they will never learn.
MSI have actually made several color versions of their latest cooler, both in silver/orange/green as far I've seen. Problem was they could be a bit hard to obtain at times, and often quite a bit more expensive (and people just don't fall for that anymore).
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 22-03-17, 12:14 PM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
MSI have actually made several color versions of their latest cooler, both in silver/orange/green as far I've seen. Problem was they could be a bit hard to obtain at times, and often quite a bit more expensive (and people just don't fall for that anymore).
Yes and i didn't like any of them, MSI should just make an all black one if they want RGB's on them but nooooo MSI makes a red/black one plus red/black is way over done now even ASUS have learn this.

But MSI will just keep making red/black ones maybe in like 2-3 gens time maybe they will think hmmm maybe we should change this but sadly i don't think MSI is that smart enough no wonder there coming 3rd in overall sales.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 22-03-17, 04:07 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Yes and i didn't like any of them, MSI should just make an all black one if they want RGB's on them but nooooo MSI makes a red/black one plus red/black is way over done now even ASUS have learn this.

But MSI will just keep making red/black ones maybe in like 2-3 gens time maybe they will think hmmm maybe we should change this but sadly i don't think MSI is that smart enough no wonder there coming 3rd in overall sales.
Are you really saying that MSI are third (which incidentally is not bad and better than EVGA ) in overall sales because they put red on their graphics cards?
__________________
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ⁞⁞ 4670K 4.5Ghz ⁞⁞ Nepton 240M ⁞⁞ ASUS Fury Strix ⁞⁞ Fury 16GB ⁞⁞ Define R4 ⁞⁞ AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung EVO 120 & 500GB ⁞⁞ WD 1TB & 3TB
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX ⁞⁞ Fidelio X2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.