Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 07-03-17, 01:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I want to buy Zen so bad. Not because I need it, or can use it (I already have more than enough cores) but simply to shove my middle finger up at Intel.
I'm right there with ya man, same thing with Nvidia. Dear god, please let Vega be competitive, so I could shove TWO middle fingers up at both Intel AND Nvidia for their foolish pricing!

Old 07-03-17, 02:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Dude with the utmost respect I think I need to come to your house and nail your debit card to the ceiling.

I can't even see hardened fanboys going for this. Amazing how many Titan/Titan XM owners did not go for Pascal Titan.

You watch though, AMD will release Vega and it will be very good and even those who absolutely hate the way Nvidia are treating them will all slag it off.

It's very interesting as a spectator. We've been under the oppression of Intel for years right. Every one is saying they can't wait for AMD to release Zen.. It comes, and immediately the most petulant go back to slagging AMD off.

I want to buy Zen so bad. Not because I need it, or can use it (I already have more than enough cores) but simply to shove my middle finger up at Intel.

What I said before was spot on dude. Hold onto your 1080, save, and wait for Volta Titan. That is probably the best path to take now.
Lolz

Appreciated but I already managed to get a waterblock, It's for the TXP but EK said it's compatible

Plus I want to play, Between my fitness lifestyle and computers I don't really have much else to keep me busy.
Old 07-03-17, 03:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Glad you're going full water it's about time

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 07-03-17, 10:33 PM
OC3D Elite

All the best to AMD fighting such an uphill battle. 1080ti outperforms a Titan XP, Pascal refresh this year, Volta next year. Good luck, AMD.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 08-03-17, 08:21 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
After finding out there's possibly going to be a Pascal refresh later this year AND a full GP102 which will replace the 1080 Ti and Titan X I may skip this card.

http://www.universityherald.com/arti...eaner-12nm.htm
That's what I've been expecting for quite a while. We'll most likely see launch of the GTX 1180 (or 2080 as some claim) this September/October. I think nvidia wants to get back to their old launch schedule. That would mean Titan Volta would most likely release March - May 2018.
Old 09-03-17, 07:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to ukfletch
It's been 3 years since I last logged in... 3 years...

Life, well it happened me and my family BIG STYLE. But, I'm back, all is well again and we're building a new rig in Fletcher Gardens. Well, this is a special one for the wife, who is now doing a PhD and needs to do some heavy compute (3D Molecular Modelling, R Coding, and loads of sciency stuff)l.. as well as her normal WoW playing. So, this "ti thing". As I was about to drop a shed load of cash on a load of new parts at Overclockers, they announce it. I have been keeping the cash warm in my account ever since. Tomorrow, can't come fast enough. I just wish they'd let me pre-order the damn thing!

/sigh the Green Force is strong, the Mind is weak!

{sorry too tall}