Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 25-01-17, 04:52 PM
Bettyswollocks

A Wet Wraith

So after my little video receiving the Fractal Define C and the Alpha Cool Eisbear & Eiswolf in a push (drop kick) to get me to go custom loop it is time to start formulating the direction of this nerve racking build and finally dip my toe into the world of watercooling.

So for those that missed the video.

Anyway after a trial run with the Define C I discovered that it was not going to be possible to fit the 240mm rad and 2 fans in the roof, this in part because the Asus Z97 Pro-Gamer has slightly offset Dimm slots and the Dominator Platinums are just too damn tall which is a shame as I adore the Domi Plats.

So after many long conversations and milling ideas in figuring this out a solution was reached, which meant raiding TTLs personal stash and sadly for him means he lost the much beloved Asus Z97 Mark S.. that's right I shall now be using the Sabranco in the build. A massive thanks again to Tom and I shall smother her with tenderness, but this then throws up a new problem.. theme!? A predominantly black build with a white motherboard, that isn't going to fly.

Solution. we go Ying Yang with this while still keeping a Sabranco camo style, the CPU/GPU block and back plate will be getting some white covering with a splash of urban camo vinyl. Same goes for the Define C PSU cover and just for good measure finish her off with some white fans.

The loop order will remain the same as TTL created in the recent Define C watercooling video, the only difference being is that I'll be running clear tube with Mayems X1 Clear coolant.

So there we have it, I'm just waiting on a couple of little bits to arrive namely the X1 and a new ratchet hose cutter then this show can begin. Photos coming soon

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 25-01-17, 05:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice mate looking forward to the photos and updates

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 25-01-17, 05:56 PM
OC3D Crew

damn your lucky fella like the idea of yin yang and going clear is probably a good option cos you can always add dye if not keen on the clear once its up n running.
Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H | A10-6800k mild oc | Antec H1200 | Hyperx 1866 2 x 8gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 140gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 25-01-17, 06:27 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Needless to say I was very very hesitant to click on this thread. Wet Wraith. Just so many bad possibilities there

You doing anything super special to this build?
Old 25-01-17, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Needless to say I was very very hesitant to click on this thread. Wet Wraith. Just so many bad possibilities there

You doing anything super special to this build?
Just the opposite for me, really had my hopes up. I guess build pics will have to do.

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 25-01-17, 07:26 PM
The Guvnor

Reads like you cant fit the rad in the roof, I think you need "with my OOOOGE memory"

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 26-01-17, 12:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Totally wicked dude really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out for you, best of luck to you and have fun!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 26-01-17, 12:51 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Reads like you cant fit the rad in the roof, I think you need "with my OOOOGE memory"
Definitely OOOOGE! Doms are really big compared to LPX or the Avexir dimms. They are not small rig water cooling companions.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
Old 29-01-17, 06:02 PM
Bettyswollocks

So eventually I get around to flicking through 100s of potato images to show the goods properly, thus far I have stripped and prepped everything for reassembly but before that can take place I need to install the Mark S and do all the usual Windows 10 garbage as most of you know my rig is a working rig and is used everyday. So installation into the Define C will happen next then once the tube cutter and 4 pin PWM splitters arrive it is on for getting wet, nerves have gone now and excitement has taken over.

So here's the Alphacool gang chilling out.

]

Rads all cleaned out and ready for some fans.

GPU Block and back plate will be getting some colour and vinyl colour soon.

Likewise for the CPU pump/block/res combo.

Center stage for this build now is the Asus Z97 Mark S (Sabranco)

Isn't she a sight to behold. Until next time.

Old 29-01-17, 07:27 PM
OC3D Crew

Looking good.
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP