Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 14-02-17, 10:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Needs a splash more white which will happen soon, my original thought was to paint the GPU and CPU blocks white and add urban camo accents, which proved a problem a. McCormacks paints let me down then b. low and behold if I want urban camo vinyl I either have to have it printed (pricey) or order from the US which is astronomically expensive. But after doing a dry run the balance of white to black is almost just right, white fans and some accents on the rads and blocks should make her perfect.
Look on Amazon, if you just search for "vinyl camo" you can pick up printed vinyl in tons of colours/patterns, the only thing to look out for is the scale of the pattern can be deceiving on the images sometimes.

I'd avoid searching for "urban" since the only listing I found was a digital style camo.

Edit: Turns out I was searching the cars subsection, there are other listings for "urban", but mainly they're vinyl sets for consoles/laptops etc

Old 14-02-17, 10:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Here's an example of the Corsair ML Pro white fans, They do look a lot more "ice white" in the flesh than these pics make them out to be though which would IMO go well with your build and especially the naming of the Alphacool components i.e Eiswolf *Snow/Ice Wolf* etc...

Old 15-02-17, 10:11 AM
Bettyswollocks

The issue with urban camo as you stated is scale, its more centered for vehicles I did find some that was perfect but US seller wanted £140 for 2000 x 600mm and to get it printed here in the UK its not far off £100. @dice those are the fans I have in mind or the new Fractal SPs in white which I've discovered glow really well under the Alphacool Eislicht. Its all a matter of how much light is too much..

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 15-02-17, 01:14 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
The issue with urban camo as you stated is scale, its more centered for vehicles I did find some that was perfect but US seller wanted £140 for 2000 x 600mm and to get it printed here in the UK its not far off £100. @dice those are the fans I have in mind or the new Fractal SPs in white which I've discovered glow really well under the Alphacool Eislicht. Its all a matter of how much light is too much..
DO you have a link for the one you found? If I know exactly what style/scale you're looking for I'll join you in the search. 2000x600mm seems an awful lot to wrap a few components though.
Old 15-02-17, 01:27 PM
OC3D Elite

haha wraith, I had same issue as you with that clearance hole below the rad. I managed it though!

I just attached the long hose to the fitting first and fed it all the way through. Then once it was all in place, I cut it to length. But yes what a complete PITA with that motherboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Here's an example of the Corsair ML Pro white fans, They do look a lot more "ice white" in the flesh than these pics make them out to be though which would IMO go well with your build and especially the naming of the Alphacool components i.e Eiswolf *Snow/Ice Wolf* etc...
I love the ice white. Shame the red (is it even red?) ruins it a little. I guess orange..
Old 15-02-17, 05:00 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Look at the Orca2 rig I built in the white 400C

Nothing other than ML's lighting that.....

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 12-03-17, 10:47 AM
The Guvnor

Update?

Old 12-03-17, 12:37 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Update?
Update incoming, I have 4 free days this week so CPU and RAM are getting fettled with, GPU is currently sat nice at 2150 on the core and 4225 on the vram after 2hours of valley then fire strike temps stayed well below 40c. White colour accents will be going in this week too, on a prouder note I'm please to say I've had zero leaks the only headache I've had is last week had to tease the last remnants of air out the loop.
Old 12-03-17, 12:50 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Update incoming, I have 4 free days this week so CPU and RAM are getting fettled with, GPU is currently sat nice at 2150 on the core and 4225 on the vram after 2hours of valley then fire strike temps stayed well below 40c. White colour accents will be going in this week too, on a prouder note I'm please to say I've had zero leaks the only headache I've had is last week had to tease the last remnants of air out the loop.

Boooyaaaaaaaaah!

MOAR Pics!

Old 13-03-17, 07:58 AM

Well Done Wraith. Looks awesome fella.

Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster