Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 17-02-17, 07:19 PM

Black and White Z270 EK Build

Hello everyone,

Long time stalker, first time poster =P.

This build I built overnight for a friend and just finished it up today. He wanted a custom loop but didn't want to do it all himself. There was no preference given as to the looks of the build so I decided to make something clean (and my wife pushed for black and white) and sleek looking. His only request was no LED's. Given the "limited" budget, I was not able to do anything really custom like a PSU shroud, custom cables, or a custom res. The main focus was being quiet with performance because he works from home on his PC (I know that a D5 pump and almost any other fans would be better for this but these are what he purchased).

Let me know if there is anything I can do better on future builds!

Hardware:

Fractal Define R5
i7 7700K 5ghz @1.35v
ASUS Prime Z270-A
GSkill 16gb DDR43200 Manual OC to 3666ghz
Gigabyte 1070
Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
Seagate 2tb 7200rpm "Steam Drive"
EVGA Supernova 750W

Loop Parts:
EK CPU and GPU Blocks
EK DDC Pump Res Combo
EK 360mm PE Rad
EK 120mm Vardar x3
Primochill Black Revolver Fittings
Primochill White Coolant
Primochill 1/2" PETG
XSPC Y-Splitter and Valve for Drain

Sorry for the picture quality, my camera is in the shop and only had my phone on hand =/

Bonus:

I found some pictures of the PC I built for my friend's wife a few years back that she wanted to have a Sloth theme. Was a pretty cheap build so there wasn't much done custom outside of painting the S340 a dark green and adding some vinyl decals.

Will hopefully be putting together a build log for my personal PC and desk soon (lots of custom work) depending on how much sanding and painting I get done the next few weeks

Old 17-02-17, 07:58 PM
The Guvnor

Looks great dude, be great to see a proper build log of your desk too

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-02-17, 11:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice looking rig dude the tubing looks nice and clean lined
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 20-02-17, 01:37 PM
OC3D Crew

EK Vardar fans appear to be pretty quiet considering their purpose. Obviously they're not as quiet as something like Silent Wings, but they're a radiator fan and I've never found a 'silent' radiator fan.
Old 24-02-17, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
EK Vardar fans appear to be pretty quiet considering their purpose. Obviously they're not as quiet as something like Silent Wings, but they're a radiator fan and I've never found a 'silent' radiator fan.
I've found that running the Corsair ML120's is damn near silent on a good pwm hub set at a very low rpm. Using 12 currently on my personal PC with two EK 360mm rads in push/pull (XE and SE) and if I didn't have the LED strip in my case, I wouldn't know it was turned on (D5 Vario helps with that too)
Old 24-02-17, 12:25 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffThePanda View Post
I've found that running the Corsair ML120's is damn near silent on a good pwm hub set at a very low rpm. Using 12 currently on my personal PC with two EK 360mm rads in push/pull (XE and SE) and if I didn't have the LED strip in my case, I wouldn't know it was turned on (D5 Vario helps with that too)
Yeah, I've heard the new ML fans are very good.
Old 24-02-17, 01:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, I've heard the new ML fans are very good.
I had an 8 Pack recently (pah ! ) and I got one out and they seemed very nice quality. Much heavier than the crap I've had before (AF mainly). What always made me laugh was how Corsair's SP fans were nice and solid with big motors but their AF were absolute pap.

I'm not saying I think the ML is worth £25+ per fan, but it's a much better, more solid looking fan.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.