Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 18-03-17, 06:54 PM
News Guru

Mass Effect Andromeda PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at Mass Effect Andromeda's PC performance. Is your PC ready to travel to a new galaxy?

Read more on Mass Effect Andromeda's PC performance.
Old 19-03-17, 10:51 AM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

wow, when 4GB of vram isn't enough for 1080p anymore

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you know how everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 19-03-17, 11:37 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
wow, when 4GB of vram isn't enough for 1080p anymore
Not exactly, at 1080p there is a minimal VRAM overspend, which will likely not affect 4GB GPU users.

Remember that a game will always fill as much of the buffer as it can, which means that it often uses more than it needs on large GPUs. In this case 4GB is enough, but only barely.
Old 21-03-17, 11:15 AM
OC3D Crew

Thanks a million Mark! I've been waiting to read your results. I should, seemingly, be disappointed by the lacklustre story judging by the euro gamer review, and equally dull and repetitive gameplay. Which would be a shame! What's your and everyone's experience with the story?
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 21-03-17, 11:27 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Thanks a million Mark! I've been waiting to read your results. I should, seemingly, be disappointed by the lacklustre story judging by the euro gamer review, and equally dull and repetitive gameplay. Which would be a shame! What's your and everyone's experience with the story?
The problem is that it is a Mass Effect game without any of the nostalgia, which means that everything is new while feeling very similar at the same time.

To be honest, it isn't like Mass Effect 1, where I was amazed at the Citadel, but that is because I had already seen a lot of the same things in Mass Effect 1.

I am really enjoying the game, the changes to the movement system with the jump pack really improves combat and adds a lot of verticality to the levels.

A lot of people are complaining about the animations, though IMHO they are no worse that what I have seen in other RPGs. The rest of the game looks so good it just makes the animations more noticeable.

A lot of the complaints that I have seen could have been aimed at any Mass Effect game, like repetitive gameplay, bad animations and occasionally wooden dialogue. I have not played the whole game, so I cannot comment fully on the story.
Old 21-03-17, 04:37 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
The problem is that it is a Mass Effect game without any of the nostalgia, which means that everything is new while feeling very similar at the same time.

To be honest, it isn't like Mass Effect 1, where I was amazed at the Citadel, but that is because I had already seen a lot of the same things in Mass Effect 1.

I am really enjoying the game, the changes to the movement system with the jump pack really improves combat and adds a lot of verticality to the levels.

A lot of people are complaining about the animations, though IMHO they are no worse that what I have seen in other RPGs. The rest of the game looks so good it just makes the animations more noticeable.

A lot of the complaints that I have seen could have been aimed at any Mass Effect game, like repetitive gameplay, bad animations and occasionally wooden dialogue. I have not played the whole game, so I cannot comment fully on the story.
Good post! I've decided to watch some gameplay videos, which I hadn't yet, and see for myself. I'm not disappointed at all so I'll give it a go in the future.

How would you rank the game so far as compared to 2 and 3?
Old 21-03-17, 06:04 PM
OC3D Elite

So are cut scenes locked to 30fps like Dragon Age inquisition? that was terribly stuttery and ruined the story for me.
Old 21-03-17, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
So are cut scenes locked to 30fps like Dragon Age inquisition? that was terribly stuttery and ruined the story for me.
I haven't noticed anything like that.
Old 22-03-17, 02:53 AM
OC3D Crew

Any plans for a Ryzen rig test?
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP